As I said all along !

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gpartin

Re: As I said all along !

Post by gpartin »

I've calmed down now I just had a wispa ;)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Jimmy Birts posted:
Did anyone really think he could click his fingers & it would all change overnight?
Did anyone think he would have to?

With a salary cap credit and points deducted last season, DV and Fletcher off contract I think most people expected us NOT to be in the situation we are in 2008.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

pedro posted:
DW is a sucessful man but never walked us out anywhere.

He said in nutshell we have hardly and money left, no recruitments to announce and he is hoping to rebuild in 2009. Ok....so he is writting off 2008!

Wish they would have told us this before we all bought our season tickets as we could have written it off also.
Gutless wonder!

You're not going if they don't sign a hatful of Aussie superstars?

Saints fan in disguise, or what.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

NICKYKISS posted:
A team full of young passionate British lads with just a sprinkling of imports will be a joy to watch even if we will take some beatings along the way. It will make the kids tougher.
So what happened to chucking them in too soon?

If we go with Coley + kids as the additions to the squad we will be worse off than last year and it will not be a joy to watch. The fact is the majority of the U21 won't make the grade as it is at any club. Being forced to play them too soon has never worked in the past so I don't see why it will now.

It is a ridiculous situation to be in.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO posted:
NICKYKISS posted:
A team full of young passionate British lads with just a sprinkling of imports will be a joy to watch even if we will take some beatings along the way. It will make the kids tougher.

If we go with Coley + kids as the additions to the squad we will be worse off than last year and it will not be a joy to watch. The fact is the majority of the U21 won't make the grade as it is at any club. Being forced to play them too soon has never worked in the past so I don't see why it will now.

Dave
True, but at least the people who caused it are now leaving. Presumably you're happy about that?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

WNAC still believes the world is flat and the moon is made of cheese :wink:
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

DaveO posted:

Dave
It's a case of needs must isn't it.

I'm not saying i'd throw a raft of them in all in one go and see if they sink or swim but more that because were only going to get 2 players in max they will have to play more then expected.

It may be a bad thing for the side but if Noble can rotate which youngsters he uses then he should be able to make it a worthwile excerise for them and not let them get too bashed up.

I do agree though it's an unbelieveable situation we find oursleves in and not one many people expected but we will all just have to grin and bear it.

Thank god this change of ownership has happened now because if it hadn't i shudder to think what a mess we would have been in another 3/4 years down the line.
phibes

Post by phibes »

NICKYKISS posted:
Thank god this change of ownership has happened now because if it hadn't i shudder to think what a mess we would have been in another 3/4 years down the line.
That's what I thought too. Whilst the prospect of another season with a small squad doesn't please any of us, the salary cap situation at the club is the result of years of poor management/short-term thinking. Hopefully, with a new owner and the franchise system, the squad can be managed with a long-term view.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Cruncher posted:
pedro posted:
DW is a sucessful man but never walked us out anywhere.

He said in nutshell we have hardly and money left, no recruitments to announce and he is hoping to rebuild in 2009. Ok....so he is writting off 2008!

Wish they would have told us this before we all bought our season tickets as we could have written it off also.
Gutless wonder!

You're not going if they don't sign a hatful of Aussie superstars?

Saints fan in disguise, or what.
Stupid comment really!!

Didnt once say sign Aussie superstars I said write the season off.......well done for picking that up.

Saints fan in disguise as I want to watch a talented Wigan team instead of an unexperienced weaker one than last year.

Should really try reading things before you jump in with comments like that.
pedro

Post by pedro »

God posted:
140,00 is still enough to bring in 2 quality players and IMO 1 prop and 1 center.

We could get 2 players on £70,000 a year and i dubt very much Matt Cooper is on £70,000 a year STERLING at St George not a chance in hell.

A decent prop is what we need after him and 1 slipped the net very recently because of the take over.

So everything is plain sailing IMO and im thanking Warrington that they signed Matt King on that silly ammount of wages infact im still laughing. :lol: :lol:
your right hes probably on a lot more.