As I said all along !

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

As I said all along !

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( At last we have got rid of big Dave, Doris had to go it was just a matter of time. Now we need to rebuild from the bottom up, with the exeption of Barrett we have no players other SL clubs would want, it will take 5 or 6 years to compete with St helens and Leeds Lenegan wont stay that long, so we are still stuffed !!!!!
:( :(
Cruncher

Re: As I said all along !

Post by Cruncher »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( At last we have got rid of big Dave, Doris had to go it was just a matter of time. Now we need to rebuild from the bottom up, with the exeption of Barrett we have no players other SL clubs would want, it will take 5 or 6 years to compete with St helens and Leeds Lenegan wont stay that long, so we are still stuffed !!!!!
Why don't you make it 666 posts, then you can be the Devil incarnate.

What a load of brimshite!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Who let the Tosser back in
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

we_need_a_coach posted:
AAAAARgh! he's back! And optimistic as ever.... :cool:
pedro

Post by pedro »

Hes not far wrong though, Lenaghans comments were quite demoralising.
mstiggy

Post by mstiggy »

Actually I thought all the interviews posted online and what I saw on both BBC and ITV local news programmmes at 6/6.30 last night were all very positive and extremely sensible. Lenegan is a very successful man, he says his ambition is to walk out at Wembley and Old Trafford to collect the cups, I believe he will do it!! He has seldom failed!
Kat

Post by Kat »

mstiggy posted:
Actually I thought all the interviews posted online and what I saw on both BBC and ITV local news programmmes at 6/6.30 last night were all very positive and extremely sensible. Lenegan is a very successful man, he says his ambition is to walk out at Wembley and Old Trafford to collect the cups, I believe he will do it!! He has seldom failed!
I'm sure his ambitions were/are the same at Harlequins too though.
pedro

Post by pedro »

DW is a sucessful man but never walked us out anywhere.

He said in nutshell we have hardly and money left, no recruitments to announce and he is hoping to rebuild in 2009. Ok....so he is writting off 2008!

Wish they would have told us this before we all bought our season tickets as we could have written it off also.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

1 ? played leeds 4 times beat then 3 times did we not compete with hem this season ,think so pall go back to your stone and dont return wanc or wat ever
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

We have nobody apart from Barrett that any other superleague side would want?!!

Thats just a ridiculous statement. There is talent all the way through our side that many superleague clubs would love to have but at the minute it's lacking strengh in depth and a couple of strike players to make us challenegers again.

140k won't get us what we need but at least we won't be breaking the salary cap next season and can start 2009 with a re-structered squad. There are only about 5 players with a contract for 2009 so i would expect quite a few players to be taking a pay cut.