The fans have a squad number!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chrisJJ

Re: The fans have a squad numb...

Post by chrisJJ »

Nine posted:
I think this is a great idea! :)
The Wigan faithful have been awarded No.18.
Joe Lydon, who proposed the dedicated number said: "This is a new practice for clubs because we recognise the extra special support which loyal fans can provide to their team in both good and bad times.

"I look forward to many Wigan fans wearing the 18 shirt with pride."
Coach Brian Noble said: "Wigan fans have been fantastic, particularly in recent years.
"Their loyal support never ceases to amaze me and as a team we felt it important to recognise their special role.

"They are Wigan's '18th man' at every game – both home and away – and fully deserve their squad number.
"It is a huge thank you from us to them."

SQUAD NUMBERS: 1, Richard Mathers; 2, Mark Calderwood; 3, Darrell Goulding; 4, George Carmont; 5, Pat Richards; 6, Trent Barrett; 7, Thomas Leuluai; 8, Stuart Fielden; 9, Mickey Higham; 10, Iafeta Palea'aesina; 11, Gareth Hock; 12, Phil Bailey; 13, Sean O'Loughlin; 14, Liam Colbon; 15, Andy Coley; 16, Harrison Hansen; 17, Michael McIlorum; 18, Wigan Warriors fans; 19, Paul Prescott; 20, Spare; 21, Spare; 22, Joel Tomkins; 23, Ben Kavanagh; 24, Eamon O'Carroll; 25, Thomas Coyle; 26, Nicky Stanton; 27, Lee Mossop; 28, Mark Flanagan; 29, Sam Tomkins
it's laughable.. really is, a new type of low.
To be the best
you have to beat the best