Stuart Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
kirkamania

Re: Stuart Fielden

Post by kirkamania »

highland convert wrote:Would you not consider Smith would take into account previous internationals. Fielden got thumped by the ausies. Gleeson wasnt't at the races. On past performances both should be in doubt. The walws game proved nothing as the skill factor was too great a gulf. As stated Fielden would not have broken through the oz team so easily. Confidence booster but if they play like that over there medivac insurance better be good. People here have been griping on our pack is not stff enough but you are suggesting Fielden as a main prop. Mary attracts players and stands his ground. That is what is needed. I watched NRL some of the hits were massive. Superleague has few big enforcers from uk stock. Better to keep our lads whole for next season.

Come on Scotland,
Jim
I know Stu got smashed by the aussies but he is older wiser and more experienced now so i doubt that would happen again. I agree the wales game cant be counted as a proper test but i think our pack would be a lot 'stiffer' if we had fielden in it instead of wilkin(who has a lot greater chance of getting smashed by the aussies and for me isn't big enough or strong enough to even be of notice to the aussies) and i also stil had mary on the bench as even though he hasn't been playing his best recently we would still need him against the aussies, yes ther are quite a few big hits in the nrl but most of them guys in that pack can give and take a big hit, finally scotland ??? mite aswell say accrington stanley for the champions league
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

DaveO wrote:Isn't Smith only taking four props and eight back row in his 24 man squad?

If so that's a risk and as good a reason as any to take Fielden. Five props and seven back row forwards for a touring side seems much better to me.

Dave
Correct plus throw in the fact that morley is still struggling with a stomach muscle strain, seems really stupid to leave fielden at home!
GEER EM ONSIDE
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

viva_seddo13 wrote:Peacock has been used at second row for GB in the past and i think if we want to beat the aussies we'll have to do it in the forwards
For years now we have had the biff to compete against the Aussies. Its the lack of talent behind the pack that has consistently let the side down.
pedro

Post by pedro »

viva_seddo13 wrote:Peacock has been used at second row for GB in the past and i think if we want to beat the aussies we'll have to do it in the forwards
So has Morley and Fielden and graham and Maurie have for Saints
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

Never seen graham or mauire play Second row :conf:
pedro

Post by pedro »

Really...?

kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

viva_seddo13 wrote:Never seen graham or mauire play Second row :conf:
I've seen ginge but never mary :doz:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

markill wrote:very good point. It shouldn't be seen as 'maurie vs fielden', it should be seen 'why is langley in there at all!? shouldn't maurie and stu both be going instead of him'
Laughed at the tangible correctness of this post. More to the point, how has rob purdham got in? (for he is ten times worse).
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: