Injuries/throw in the kids

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Injuries/throw in the kids

Post by butt monkey »

In player's rating's during the World Cup, TL was rated NZ's worst out of all the 17 selected players in the opening two rounds. His "form" at hooker was more by luck than design.

Although a lot of credit does go to the two coaches for their willingness to persevere in him (in a new position for him)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

butt monkey wrote:
pedro wrote:But, we had TL here for 18 months then and didnt see it and Kearney and Bennett saw it in 4 games.
The media pressure to drop TL totally from the team was immense!

AS for TL's Wigan form, I believe Wigan still think they signed the half-back that tore them apart playing for Harlequins (bit reminiscent of another ex-Harlequins/Broncos scrum half :wink: )
I never remember him doing well against us. I always remeber Orr outplaying him in every game.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

First Try Tickle wrote:
Don't know why people keep saying bring ST in, when we all know deep down he won't.

Noble won't play someone just becasue some of the crowd want him to. He will always stick with experience, especialy at the momonet when he is desperate for a win.

Even if Smith got injured he would only move Lockers to stand off.

And on the wings, he would sooner put Bailey back to centre and Goulding to wing before bringing in Ainscough.
You are probably right but I live in hope on Friday we may see Ainscough play.

Noble's "saftey first" approach is boring and fruitless.

Dave
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

pedro wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
pedro wrote:But, we had TL here for 18 months then and didnt see it and Kearney and Bennett saw it in 4 games.
The media pressure to drop TL totally from the team was immense!

AS for TL's Wigan form, I believe Wigan still think they signed the half-back that tore them apart playing for Harlequins (bit reminiscent of another ex-Harlequins/Broncos scrum half :wink: )
I never remember him doing well against us. I always remeber Orr outplaying him in every game.
You couldn't have traveled to any away games then! :wink: I can clearly remember TL and a certain Mr Moran causing Wigan's defense no end of problems playing in the Capital.

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Moran did but TL was outplayed at home and away by Orr. At the JJB Orr made him look silly by stepping him and outsprinting him.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Having watched a lot of Moran and Leuluai, they benefited from the sort of player that Wigan never seem to sign - Jimmy Dymock, Scott Hill and so on. Ball players and leaders on the pitch who can position them so they can just run at gaps.
Hard to remember the last time we had a balanced side - late 90s probably, or when we had the Lam, Newton, Faz show.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Having watched a lot of Moran and Leuluai, they benefited from the sort of player that Wigan never seem to sign - Jimmy Dymock, Scott Hill and so on. Ball players and leaders on the pitch who can position them so they can just run at gaps.
Hard to remember the last time we had a balanced side - late 90s probably, or when we had the Lam, Newton, Faz show.
Exactly, and I am sure either Pedro didn't travel to the fixtures in London when Wigan played the Quins/Broncos teams that had TL and DM in them! Otherwise they wouldn't prattle about Danny Orr doing something he rarely ever did, against Quins/Broncos or any other team for that matter, during his stay at the club!!!!! :roll:

pedro

Post by pedro »

Like I said if you read the post I said Moran did but TL didnt.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

pedro wrote:Like I said if you read the post I said Moran did but TL didnt.
And IF you read mine again you would see that I said TL was equally as disruptive playing for Quins against Wigan's defense as DM was for goodness sake!!! But if you a "home banker" and don't travel, I will have to assume that you only see players performances at the JJB!! :wink:

To make it easy for you :roll:
butt monkey wrote: I am sure either Pedro didn't travel to the fixtures in London when Wigan played
Unless you think that I refer to another Pedro??

pedro

Post by pedro »

Im on the quins pictures away that were on here last year. Im no home banker.

Like I said and its getting boring but you are finding hard to grasp is that Moran did tear us apart like he did many clubs for London. Never saw TL play well against Wigan. I even gave an example but you faile to grasp that also.