Injuries/throw in the kids

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thomo

Injuries/throw in the kids

Post by thomo »

It looks like Phelps is out for Friday and Riddell, Bailey, Roberts and Richards are stuggling with knocks - calls for S Tomkins and Mossop me thinks plus some of the other youngsters to be given a chance in the backs - tell them they are playing for their places and if they impress they will keep their places.

Pheleps is not great loss and don't think Bailey is but our back line could be very weak.

I still think we are a forward short but that is not going to change quicky - where is this big enforcer,
GeoffN

Re: Injuries/throw in the kids

Post by GeoffN »

thomo wrote:It looks like Phelps is out for Friday and Riddell, Bailey, Roberts and Richards are stuggling with knocks - calls for S Tomkins and Mossop me thinks plus some of the other youngsters to be given a chance in the backs - tell them they are playing for their places and if they impress they will keep their places.

Pheleps is not great loss and don't think Bailey is but our back line could be very weak.

I still think we are a forward short but that is not going to change quicky - where is this big enforcer,
Of those, the only one we'd really miss is Pat.
thomo

Post by thomo »

who would we look to bring in?

is it not a bit worrying that fans feel out two close season signing (who have both signed long terms deals) are not up to the job!!!

On a different note - how well did Mickey Higham play on Friday night and was it just me (or the padding he was wearing) but did he looked to have to on some real bulk in the off season?
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

depending on injuries, richards seems to be struggling and so does phelps. so i would go with something like

1. roberts
2. pryce
3. goulding
4. carmont
5. ainscough
6. tim smith
7. tommy leuluai
8. fielden
9. mcillorum
10. o'carroll
11. tomkins
12. hansen
13. o'loughlin

14. feka
15. prescott
16. hock
17. sam tomkins

if richards is fit i would drop pryce and move roberts back onto the wing and put pat at full back.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

not a bad shout there warrior

but would have lulu at 9

bringing in young sam at 6
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

thomo

Post by thomo »

what other options do we have apart from that team - but I must say although the pack starting pack looks very mobile it does look very small in size and it is not a grand final winning pack
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

OAM wrote:not a bad shout there warrior

but would have lulu at 9

Yep, I'd agree, with McIlorum on the bench. The back line will depend on injuries, so too soon to tell; we need Pat to play, if at all possible, not really bothered about the others. Not sure whether Pryce is ready yet - maybe bring Thornley in?
markill

Post by markill »

GeoffN wrote:

but would have lulu at 9

Yep, I'd agree, with McIlorum on the bench. The back line will depend on injuries, so too soon to tell; we need Pat to play, if at all possible, not really bothered about the others. Not sure whether Pryce is ready yet - maybe bring Thornley in?
Pryce not ready but thornley is? i wouldn't agree with that.

We all want to see Sam so any combination that gets him out there will give the crowd a massive lift - that'd get us all roaring behind the team more i'm sure. hope Pat is ok though, we'll miss him most as has been said.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

markill wrote:
GeoffN wrote:

but would have lulu at 9

Pryce not ready but thornley is? i wouldn't agree with that.

We all want to see Sam so any combination that gets him out there will give the crowd a massive lift - that'd get us all roaring behind the team more i'm sure. hope Pat is ok though, we'll miss him most as has been said.
Pryce isn't ready in terms of his fitness, going off what we saw in the friendlies.
2Long in Exile

Post by 2Long in Exile »

I remember "throwing in the kids" Once before. It was against St Helens at the JJB,Remember the score.

Ignore Youth at your peril.[/quote]