"Lee is developing more playing for Huddersfield than he is for our reserves," added Noble.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: "Lee is developing more playing for Huddersfield than he is for...

Post by cpwigan »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:If he isnt cup tied and he got the chance to play at wembley and Wigan robbed him of that chance by re-calling him i would be pretty pissed off to say the least.
Duty of Care by B.Noble states he has to play.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:If he isnt cup tied and he got the chance to play at wembley and Wigan robbed him of that chance by re-calling him i would be pretty pissed off to say the least.
He's too young; he's not ready for first team action yet... :eh:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

GeoffN wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
He's too young; he's not ready for first team action yet... :eh:
Psychological damage of rejection, destruction of child like dreams overrides long term personal safety in this examplar - Chapter 10 Duty of Care
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well I thought he was cup-tied anyway but even if he isn't most loan agreements preclude players from playing against their "home" team in cup games, and quite right too.

Just imagine if he did play and a mistake gifted Wigan the Cup? Talk about controversy, he'd never live it down.

There is no way anyone should want our opposition in the final to be strengthened by one of our own players and that should include Mossop.

Dave
pedro

Post by pedro »

Goulding played against us didnt he?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Not in the cup match.
tom g

Post by tom g »

Tell Mossop to develop an aussie accent, would be straight in the first team every week and still get picked if he wasn't playing well!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

gpartin wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Lee Mossop and Danny Sculthorpe have both had to do additional physical conditioning stints because neither were up to the standaard of existing Huddersfield players. That IMO is very telling.
Its Nobby's self fulfilling prophecy, playing in the reserves so therefore not up to the fitness levels/ skills required for Super League therefore they shouldnt be picked for the first team.

Ainy didn't get any first team time last year therefore is sometimes exposed making Nobby feel he was right to drop him... cause and effect. Had he been a Hudds last year he would have played a few games, worked on his development areas and be top try scorer this year having played in every game.
Heard it near enough from the horses mouth that the very same was of Calders when he signed for Hull FC.
He said that he struggled with the initial training, and hadnt trained so hard since leaving Leeds.
What does this tell you about the fitness & conditioning training at Wigan.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

While there are some valid concerns about noble's seeming reluctance to move unperforming players out of the 1st team, some of the criticism is unwarranted.

For example, Saints have been regularily commended for their foresight in letting the likes of Scott Moore go on loan to gain experience, yet when Wigan do the same it is seen as a bad thing.

I do think however that Huddersfield have done so well this season due to their speed and consistency in defence, and they must have put in a hell of a lot of work in trainnig to get to this level.
If wigan were even just slightly harder to score against we would be sitting in the top 4, due to the closeness of many of our defeats and the way we switch off for 10 minute spells.
That's my main criticism of Noble this year, not getting the team to a level of fitness and attitude in defence where we put everything into stopping the opposition from scoring - regardless of who is picked, we still give sloppy tries away.

I can take the fact that he picks what he thinks is the best team - and most teams we have put out have been more than capable of winning most games, but the worst thing about this season is the continued ease in which we allow teams to move to within 20yards of our line.
markill

Post by markill »

well i don't think there is any negative in sending him out on loan. he'll be in a much better position to come and make an impact now we need him back!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod