Great news Sam Joel and Lockers but is it

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GBH

Re: Maguire to consider.................

Post by GBH »

They must be training and practising every day so should be fine i would rather they were in the squad than not...
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
bill.inger

Re: Great news Sam Joel and Lockers but is it

Post by bill.inger »

18th man, That was John Monie`s "mission Impossible". The team played 8 games in 18 days , had a week off, then beat the Stains 13-8 at Wembley. Of the 8 games, 7 were won and there was a draw away at Bradford. It was an expensive 3 week roller coaster ride but it was worth it. These lads should manage 2 games easily with the substitution rules now, and the`re fitter and better conditioned than 20 years back.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

GBH wrote:They must be training and practising every day so should be fine i would rather they were in the squad than not...
I'd expect 80 minutes against the French to be easier than a typical training session anyway.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Has anyone else forgot we play saints a week on Sunday, I dont want Sam Joel or Lockers getting injured cos they are tired after playing 2 matches in two days when the biggest match of the year is the week after!

If we cant beat wakefield without them we might as well give up now!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
GBH

Post by GBH »

We can beat Wakefield with out them but can we beat the ref and Wakefield with out them?
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

If we cant beat wakefield without them we might as well
give up now![/quote]
I dont think you are taking the threat Wakey posed nearly
seriously ehough.I watched them v Leeds If we dont turn up we will be beaten end of. :conf:
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Im taking it deadly seriously but we are top of the league, and we are Wigan, therefore we do not loose teams like wakefield!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I'sorry take those glasses off.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

stjudes02 wrote:What do you think of our star men playing two games in 24 hours ? ?
I don't think our squad is in good enough shape for them to do otherwise.

With Mossop and Hansen still out we can't leave JT out as well and for Sam that would require Deacon to step up who hasn't played a first team game for weeks.

I am all for promoting the international game but I wonder if the RFL is by sticking this game on a normal SL week.

It should be on a separate weekend with no other matches not just to stop some players having to play two games in 24 hours but to properly promote the game.

With no other RL being played at the weekend a game v France at the DW ought to get a good crowd from Wigan, Wire and Saints fans whereas who is going to pay to go to two games in such a short space of time?

Dave