Edwards for Wigan ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
deancartwright1990

Re: Edwards for Wigan ??

Post by deancartwright1990 »

think my wigan hero edwards to assistant and wane to head coach ... edwards has bought a house in wigan but his lad is leaving high school this year and edwards wanted to return after that no links to the wigan job at the min but who knows
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

deancartwright1​990​ wrote:think my wigan hero edwards to assistant and wane to head coach ... edwards has bought a house in wigan but his lad is leaving high school this year and edwards wanted to return after that no links to the wigan job at the min but who knows
Not sure Shaun's ego would allow him to be assistant to Wane. Last I heard, James was on a rugby scholarship with Harrow!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

NO!!!!
Susi

Post by Susi »

Would dearly love to see his majesty the almighty god of rugby league back here at wigan (My ultimate hero).
But as many have said Wane has worked his way up and is fully passionate about our beloved club, he deserves his promotion to head coach, but we could always have gizmo in another part of the set up. Technical coach etc.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

IMO anyone calling for Shaun Edwards to be Head Coach next season needs to put their clocks forward.

By twenty years!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

NO!! Shaun Edwards? please, not a good idea at all :eusa9: :eusa9:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Kittwazzer wrote:IMO anyone calling for Shaun Edwards to be Head Coach next season needs to put their clocks forward.

By twenty years!
:eusa2: :eusa2:
Quite right too, he is way behind what we need at Wigan.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Would the club consider a coaching duo ala Clarke/McInnes?

Whoever is going to be Wigans next coach is going to be fairly inexperienced (unless the club pulls some sort of miracle) so maybe two heads are better than one - and could help (similarly to the group captaincy from last season) in that position - Lam and Wane for me
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I would not like to see Edwards take the job. He has been out of Rugby League for a long time and the game has moved on an awful lot since he left.

I would obviously like Maguire mark 2 from Australia, because the game there has moved on even while Maguire has been here, to keep us at the top of the tree in England. However this is probably not possible. I would certainly not be against Shaun Wane but would want some new input from Australia from an assistant/conditioning point of view to keep us advancing. Simply having Wane for 2 years and keeping the current status quo amongst the rest of the backroom coaches will see us going slowly backwards imo. RL constantly eveolves at such a fast pace that you need to keep up to date all of the time.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It was barely over a year ago that Edwards was the firm fans favourite to take over as coach.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame