Edwards for Wigan ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ancientbutloyal

Edwards for Wigan ??

Post by Ancientbutloyal »

According to Radio Manchester this evening, Edwards contract with Wasps is due to terminate shortly, and hence the speculation that he could be a candidate for the Wigan post if as seems certain now Maguire will go. Until I heard that news I was relaxed about Shaun Wane taking over when Maguire leaves but if Shaun became available I would pack Macguires bags and drive him to the airport myself.
The return of the Messiah.....now that would be something :eusa10: :eusa10:
cpwigan

Re: Edwards for Wigan ??

Post by cpwigan »

Torn by the news/prospect. Once I would have driven him here myself but now I think Wane deserves first opportunity and I worry about the Alex Murphy like coaching technique and fighting with other members of the coaching team that seems to be Shaun Edwards trait these days.

Wane first. If Shaun wants to be his assistant, even better.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

A Wigan legend, a fantastic player, but as a Rugby League coach I am not so sure.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Why are we all of a sudden assuming that Madge will definately leave.
Up The Mont!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TonyH wrote:Why are we all of a sudden assuming that Madge will definately leave.
The Aus press is incredibly sure that it will be so
Wes

Post by Wes »

Would rather keep Madge, but if he leaves Edwards would make a nice fairy tale nothing else. If the club thought Wayne was ready give him 12 month in charge if not a Rugby League coach please!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

TonyH wrote:Why are we all of a sudden assuming that Madge will definately leave.
The silence frm Madge and the "No Comment" from Lenegan at last Tuesday's press conference.
If he wasn't going they would surely have said so?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i would stick with Waney, Edwards has been out of RL for too long. while he still has a great knwoladge of the game and has everyone in WIgan's respect i think Waney would have more of an idea of the players and where they can go as a group and modern day tactics but Edwards as assistant would be okay
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Did Edwards have a great deal of RU expertise when he went in that direction?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No and his RL knowledge is incredible. Unfortunately, there are ? marks regarding his man management IMO. Murphyesque ranting belies his RL intelligence and IMO you can only rant and rave a few times before it becomes negative and almost Murphy like embarassing.