Monday Night Rugby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
michael inch stoke

Re: Monday Night Rugby

Post by michael inch stoke »

I am moaning because I love to go to our home games, so much that I have travelled my hundred mile plus round trip for the last fifteen years when I first bought my season ticket. I do not finish WORK(what school holidays has any bearing on my situation I dont know!!) until 5.30PM and by the time Ive got home, washed and changed then travelled up the M6 it really is cutting it fine to get there by kick off.

If it is only the one game that is changed it is someting I can live with but why would I spend over £400 on season tickets for my wife and I if I cant get to the games?

Also, I thought the saturday game was to be moved to monday, not an extra game added onto the original schedule.

To finish my rant, please dont question my "dunkirk spirit" as I have put my support for Wigan above plenty of other of my social and family events over the years
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Lets be honest Friday nights works because it is a good end to the week and some people finish early on Fridays so can make it to the game on time.

The other thing you have got to remember is people don't mind having a late night on a Friday. Late night at weekend is fine. Late nights on Mondays aren't too good as they mess you up for the rest of the week.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

Its bad for people who have to travel to games from quite far away, for others its alright, At least its in the summer. I went to a football game on Wednesday where it was -3 degrees in Horwich, not much of a problem. It maybe added to the occasion as it was a bit different to the norm.

If it gets more viewers and exposure from sky then its worth it.
mickh

Post by mickh »

There are some good comments on here, both for and against.

My take on it is that I bought my season ticket in good faith as to what the previous seasons format was, although I will not have a problem with getting to the rearranged fixture, an inkling as to the suggestion of change by the RLF would not have gone amiss leaving the supporters with a chance to not buy their season ticket or whatever. No doubt every club would have been consulted as to the idea? Why no mention on the official WRLFC site at the time?

I wouldn't have thought that the club would give back the cost of a match if you couldn't make the Monday fixture, but as a gesture, they should.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

mickh wrote:There are some good comments on here, both for and against.

My take on it is that I bought my season ticket in good faith as to what the previous seasons format was, although I will not have a problem with getting to the rearranged fixture, an inkling as to the suggestion of change by the RLF would not have gone amiss leaving the supporters with a chance to not buy their season ticket or whatever. No doubt every club would have been consulted as to the idea? Why no mention on the official WRLFC site at the time?

I wouldn't have thought that the club would give back the cost of a match if you couldn't make the Monday fixture, but as a gesture, they should.
The small print will always have something about fixtures being subject to change.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

I know which game I will be either donating or exchanging my tickets
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

See this is why we need Monday Night TV Games -

Next 8 saturday sky games kick off different each week: 5:45pm, 4:45pm, 7:45pm, 5:45pm, 5:05pm, 5:15pm, 3:15pm, 5:45pm - Consitent Kick Off will be better

(Stress: FROM A VIEWING POINT OF VIEW!)
Info courtesy of Bilko :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

One important factor is no other competitive live sport at this time of the year ; no Premier Lge football, no Champ'ship or Scotish Football, no rugby union,no cricket or any other Summer Sport on a Monday evening, etc.

This equals unparalleld focus on Rugby League for a very rare slot on Sky Sports, so should have a great national audience for exposure to our game. And played at a time of year, with hopefully great weather conditions, to showcase the sport's skills & players' abilities.
markill

Post by markill »

I would imagine there will be some domestic one-day / T20 cricket to compete with, but not many people watch that anyway.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

In Oz we have Monday games and they are well attended.I wouldn`t care how late I get home if Storm played on Monday night.