Dudson to Salford

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Re: Dudson to Salford

Post by cpwigan »

Not strictly true given Dudson earned attention playing for the Crusaders. They guy has some ability but is almost a novice in RL terms because of a lack of junior experience. IIRC, he hardly played union too; playing something else as a junior.

It is inevitable Harris would favour signing players he knows from Wigan or Wales RL. How much room Salford have in the salary cap would be a question.
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

You just have to look at the names of some of the Koukash runners at the Chester Festival a couple of weeks ago to work out who he's going to try and sign next. There were horses, called Brian Noble, Rangi Chase, Captain Morley and............Billy Slater...............!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

God wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: Biggest joke of all is that their best player is on loan at Cas and HE doesn't want to come back! :lol:
You missed out Uncle Tom Cobley!
Forgot to mention Rita, Sue and Bob too......going to Salford.
Well they've got Hock and Locke. Let's just nail down our Two Smoking Farrells! :lol:
OJ

Post by OJ »

Kittwazzer wrote: Well they've got Hock and Locke. Let's just nail down our Two Smoking Farrells! :lol:
Clever - very clever! I like it - how long did it take you to come up with that one!
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

OJ wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: Well they've got Hock and Locke. Let's just nail down our Two Smoking Farrells! :lol:
Clever - very clever! I like it - how long did it take you to come up with that one!
About 2 minures once I'd seen the Bob, Sue and Rita too! :)
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

How many of you think that Greenwood would be a better choice than Dudson next season? Dudson isn't much older than Greenwood and both have lots of potential. Greenwood looks a more natural rugby league player at this stage but Dudson has the physical presence to become (he isn't one yet) a top class prop. I rate them both but surely Dudson has demonstrated much more ability (especially in big games)at this stage of his career. If we lose our largest player I'd like to see him replaced with someone with real size.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

butt monkey wrote:Probably one of the reason's the likes of Greenwood are getting vital first team experience at the Broncos

A big prop is Dudson but his work-rate and tackling have plenty to improve upon and I'm not sure going to Salford would ever see that happen. A career ender if this happens for Dudson. Lower leagues level for him when his (alleged) stint at Salford ends
I tend to agree. I had huge hopes for Dudson before he signed but he doesnt really look like he has improved in his time at the club. He has so much potential but seems more interested in cheap shots than really mixing it with oppposition forwards. With the way some of the youngsters have perfomed this season I cant see a place for him in the 1st choice 17 at the moment.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Dobby wrote:
butt monkey wrote:Probably one of the reason's the likes of Greenwood are getting vital first team experience at the Broncos

A big prop is Dudson but his work-rate and tackling have plenty to improve upon and I'm not sure going to Salford would ever see that happen. A career ender if this happens for Dudson. Lower leagues level for him when his (alleged) stint at Salford ends
I tend to agree. I had huge hopes for Dudson before he signed but he doesnt really look like he has improved in his time at the club. He has so much potential but seems more interested in cheap shots than really mixing it with oppposition forwards. With the way some of the youngsters have perfomed this season I cant see a place for him in the 1st choice 17 at the moment.
I think the last 2 games has seen Dudson playing his best RL for Wigan!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
markill

Post by markill »

butt monkey wrote: A big prop is Dudson but his work-rate and tackling have plenty to improve upon and I'm not sure going to Salford would ever see that happen. A career ender if this happens for Dudson. Lower leagues level for him when his (alleged) stint at Salford ends
Work rate may be an issue. 18 tackles per game is a little below what we get from likes of Flower and Mossop - only Pettybourne of our props is lower. 8 carries per game, only Sutton of props has had less. Fitness has seems a problem when he spends spells out of the side and in off-season so he doesn't maybe play the same minutes as others like Taylor and Flower.

His defence when he is playing is good though in terms of tackle success, 97% s far on the season. Thats in and around what we're getting from Taylor and Flower. Only 2 handling errors in 7 games is good too. I'm not ready to write him off but may suffer from younger guys coming up if we're trying to fit 6 first team props under the cap like we've needed to this year.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

markill wrote:
butt monkey wrote: A big prop is Dudson but his work-rate and tackling have plenty to improve upon and I'm not sure going to Salford would ever see that happen. A career ender if this happens for Dudson. Lower leagues level for him when his (alleged) stint at Salford ends
Work rate may be an issue. 18 tackles per game is a little below what we get from likes of Flower and Mossop - only Pettybourne of our props is lower. 8 carries per game, only Sutton of props has had less. Fitness has seems a problem when he spends spells out of the side and in off-season so he doesn't maybe play the same minutes as others like Taylor and Flower.

His defence when he is playing is good though in terms of tackle success, 97% s far on the season. Thats in and around what we're getting from Taylor and Flower. Only 2 handling errors in 7 games is good too. I'm not ready to write him off but may suffer from younger guys coming up if we're trying to fit 6 first team props under the cap like we've needed to this year.
Stats are ok but if you look at his "lazy" tackles that cost penalties then I am sure he is one of the worst offenders for that
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!