Bryan Fletcher

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Bryan Fletcher

Post by pedro »

Absolutley

By the way get off your high horse
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ChrisA posted:
pedro posted:
Doesnt take any more energy to hit him low and hard like you should trust me.

Connoly won arm wrestling comps means nothing really does it. The vaganas and andersons do nothing when you hit em right look at the aussies. Its the more mobile guys that do the business. It shows week in and week out there.
I played rugby thanks, so dont patronise me. So the whole thinking that bigger forwards are better is wrong is it ?

So guys like Willie Mason, Trent Waterhouse, Jason Ryles, Craig Fitzgibbon, Mark O'meley, Petro Civonceva to name but a few would be just as good if they where 2 stone lighter but just as strong ?
We only need to look at our own props really, they're not the biggest, especially Guisett, however, you can't argue with the way he plays there. I think he's been better than Seuseu, who is a lot bigger. I reckon you're both right, a prop needs size and strength.
pedro

Post by pedro »

ChrisA posted:
pedro posted:
I think we play better with 3 props than 4 anyway. It makes us play the game up the middle which we have no size for.

That quote is taken form another thread, so which is it gonna be ? you really need to decide one way or the other if your gonna discuss it with us.
God above sorry about that I bow my head in shame :sly:
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

pedro posted:
Absolutley

By the way get off your high horse
Absoloutely what ? they would be just as good would they, good, very good.

btw, have you got an answer to the point I made about your quote from another thread that our forwards do not have the size to play up the middle ? Im just wondering how you state size is irrelevant in thios thread but yet you claim our forwards are not big enough in another thread, I mean ?

Also im not on my high horse, im having a discussion with you.
pedro

Post by pedro »

I played rugby thanks, so dont patronise me.
In my opinion there was no need for the line.

On the other discussion. Our forwards aren't big or strong enough.We get bounced by every club even the smaller packs. To young. Need to strenghen up like Hock did this year.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

pedro posted:
I played rugby thanks, so dont patronise me.
In my opinion there was no need for the line.

On the other discussion. Our forwards aren't big or strong enough.We get bounced by every club even the smaller packs. To young. Need to strenghen up like Hock did this year.
I agree totally on what you say on our forwards, they are to small, and not strong enough, and we are getting knocked around by everybody.
pedro

Post by pedro »

I think our biggest problem we have had in years is technique. Apart from farrell the only forward who has run his weight is O'Connor the rest do not and that also is the problem. If Seu Seu run his weight it may be different. Which is a combination of size and strength :)
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

pedro posted:
I think our biggest problem we have had in years is technique. Apart from farrell the only forward who has run his weight is O'Connor the rest do not and that also is the problem. If Seu Seu run his weight it may be different. Which is a combination of size and strength :)
lol thats my whole point, im not saying size on its own counts for everything, if you combine it with strength and aggresion and mobilty, that will make a better forward than the same but in a guy 2 stone lighter.
I mean look at Wayne Mcdonald the guys huge, but I would take Jamie thackary who is tiny in comparison over him any day, like I say there are exceptions to the rule as in everything in life.
Now if you could put Thackrays aggresion and running style into Mcdonald, now that would be a scary player, and he would still be at Leeds.

But anyway, I think recently Seuseu has been running alot harder than he did at first, he is trying hard I feel, its mainly the back rowers who are to lightweight, they dont bust any tackles outwide and back ther props up enough when it comes to making the hard yards.
pedro

Post by pedro »

True thats where we're missing Hock
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

ChrisA posted:
x Wigan Warrior x posted:
Weight and speed !!! Props are not as old. Why have a slow lumbering heavy weight, when a quicker light heavy weight will do ? After all in the beginning a props weight was essential for a scrum ……… hardly need that now do we ?
what sort of question is that ?
So youre telling me that Paul Anderson, Joe Vagana, O'connor or Craig Smith are no better for their size than say a 15 stone prop, dont talk garbage. Size is everything as long as they are mobile and fit, it takes so much energy bringing down an 18 stone guy compared to sombody like Cassidy for 80 minutes. It just tires teams out like it did to us against bradford at home, we where just dead on our feet.

Its obvious that a heavier guy will make more yards in the collisons than a lighter guy.
Sorry but I just cant see the logic in your post.
ive never seen a prop last 80 mins...... !!!! have u ?
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing