Josh Charnley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Josh Charnley

Post by medlocke »

No straw damn us wrote:
menpond wrote:Anyone else for a cut? After tonight? Not good enough.Tomkins failed to turn up,again.
Tomkins was the third highest tackle maker for Wigan last night and second highest metre maker in the forwards. He and Liam Farrell were superb.
His passes also caused at least 2 knocks on that could have led to tries and his silly little kicks where appalling, simply not Wigan standard
tommoore

Post by tommoore »

I was just reading about the England selections and it said Joel tomkins wasn't selected due to off season surgery
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

josie andrews wrote:
Fujiman wrote:
jobo wrote:The old saying about form being temporary, whilst class is forever springs to mind. We've lost Joe Burgess due to incompetent contract negotiations and if we lose Josh, someone at the club needs their head examined.

With Sam back next year and a half decent centre, Josh will be back to what he was in no time.
TBH think we lost Joe to the life style he thinks he may get.As others have said Josh has not done enough to warrant a better contract.
Jobo is right Fuji, it was contract incompetence with Joe, the lifestyle excuse is just that, a PR excuse.
I watched the NRL for the last 2 seasons and for the life of me I just cant see Burgess being good enough, maybe that's harsh but some of the tries scored by the wingers over there are spectacular. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't think he is going to make much of an impact.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I would disagree so do Sydney City. Speed and height are great strengths for any winger in any RL competition.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Where can we see players contract length?
IN WANE WE TRUST
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

eccywarrior wrote:Where can we see players contract length?
Pay Eric Pollard from Emmerdale to go with you to the DW and pretend he is IL and have a sneaky peak.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

IMO Josh needs to get his head down and put the work in off season

he's been poor by his standards for almost 2 seasons and has quite rightly dropped down the pecking order

I don't know if his outside interests are a distraction or not, but I would think they are given that he was on twitter promoting something the night before we played Hudds (so assuming he would be attending down south somewhere)

I think the fact he is nowhere near the England setup speaks volumes for where his game is currently
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

He put on twitter that he is a "full time farmer" "part time rugby player" Seeing that he has a full time contract with Wigan RLFC I'm not surprised the club are approaching the matter the way they have.

Such a talented lad, pity!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wiganer Ted wrote:He put on twitter that he is a "full time farmer" "part time rugby player" Seeing that he has a full time contract with Wigan RLFC I'm not surprised the club are approaching the matter the way they have.

Such a talented lad, pity!
Charnley is not the only player to have other interests besides Rugby and I think you will find that his comment was a bit of tongue in cheek as from what I know, he only is on the farm part time outside training.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

cpwigan wrote:You cannot walk in anywhere and say I was poor these last 12 months, so bad a younger employee was better than me BUT I want a pay rise!

Anybody care to try it this week?

no you cant,
but if you were asked to take a pay cut, would you?
i wouldn't.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.