Joel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Joel

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:With a fully fit squad and an important game, I'd have thought our back 3 would be Bateman Farrell and Lockers with Joel on the bench along with Powell.

The debate would be who are the other 2 props alongside Clubb and Flower?
Why would Powell be on the bench for this game? We have no other hooker & he has been playing 80 minutes!

He dislikes playing hooker but will play anywhere to be in the squad! And this is what probably endears him more to Wane than Hampshire! He wants to play no matter in what position!!
TBH is right Josie. I was responding to Joel's "knockers" (!) saying Joel would-be in the 17 with everybody fit. I guess I confused the issue by bringing others into it but not mentioning MM.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Our first penalty, he doesn't disappoint :angry:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

And he redeems himself with a try, i'll get me coat :lol:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Thought he did very well today!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:With a fully fit squad and an important game, I'd have thought our back 3 would be Bateman Farrell and Lockers with Joel on the bench along with Powell.

The debate would be who are the other 2 props alongside Clubb and Flower?
Why would Powell be on the bench for this game? We have no other hooker & he has been playing 80 minutes!

He dislikes playing hooker but will play anywhere to be in the squad! And this is what probably endears him more to Wane than Hampshire! He wants to play no matter in what position!!
TBH is right Josie. I was responding to Joel's "knockers" (!) saying Joel would-be in the 17 with everybody fit. I guess I confused the issue by bringing others into it but not mentioning MM.
Apologies Morley, misread your post ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I think the right side attack of Joel, Gelling and Manfredi will be really good this season now.
Injuries apart though!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Thought he did very well today!!
He did very well, after the two silly early penalties
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fantastic to play the full 80.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Am I right in thinking cp that Joel is arguably the fittest and strongest at the club naturally?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Am I right in thinking cp that Joel is arguably the fittest and strongest at the club naturally?
My money would be on Farrell
But I'd guess that Joel wouldn't be far off

He was blowing a bit 2nd half but came strong last 10mins.
He's a big unit and to me that also brings something to the team slightly different than faz and Bateman.
Not saying he's better etc just saying different and for me I want all players fit, available for selection and chomping at the bit to play.
Joel does frustrate at times, a bit like Gelling, but their positives far outweigh their negatives IMO.