Our Matty!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Our Matty!

Post by Owd Codger »

Would do some good to have been supporting the club in the seventies when Gostellow/Baxendale and as many as eight other Directors were in charge.

Then they would moan!

The nearest any Wigan supporter got to Wembley was watching a Challenge Cup Semi Final between two other clubs at Central Park.

Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

First Try nice try but sadly you are completely wrong I am far from a KID as you put it....

Shame you have to come down to insults like a few others on here who do not like the opinions others put on here.( pity no intelligent response )

Look at the threads placed on here one is doubting where Sam will be back on Friday to play Hull sating its a PR stunt ????? Even Bilko has mentioned it on twitter about some fans thinking its a stunt. Again a single player being targeted as some say not Wigan standard funny how a few years back and after the New Zealand tests where he won man of the match he was being praised and a good player and now berated by some on here.. Also the coach again is slagged off by many on here at every opportunity so hence my comments all doom and gloom I bet other fans reading this forum love it.

Injury update: guess what lets bash the club for not giving us the medical records of the injured players...

Sam T: one again lets have a go and argue over a toe injury and where Sam has a shave !!!! come on.

Believe it or not I'm for open opinions and do read some very good stuff on here about what people think but some of it is just cringe worthy and an opportunity to points score against other posters...
superleague

Post by superleague »

I'm sorry StuWigan your entitled to your opinion but smith is not a good player he's the definition of average, and is Not good enough for a club like us who have aspirations of winning silverware. I also include players like Burke isa tautai in that company but of course that's my opinion tho.
Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

Please define a Wigan standard player ?

A term often used but never defined as what is a Wigan type of player obviously being an England International is not good enough.

If they where not thought as being good enough by the coaching staff and IL / Rads surely they would not have been signed. ( just a thought )
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

superleague wrote:I'm sorry StuWigan your entitled to your opinion but smith is not a good player he's the definition of average, and is Not good enough for a club like us who have aspirations of winning silverware. I also include players like Burke isa tautai in that company but of course that's my opinion tho.
But Smith has won Silverware with Wigan and actually played quite a big part in the victories, however I do agree that he lacks consistency at the top level and goes missing at times.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
superleague

Post by superleague »

Stuwigan wrote:Please define a Wigan standard player ?

A term often used but never defined as what is a Wigan type of player obviously being an England International is not good enough.

If they where not thought as being good enough by the coaching staff and IL / Rads surely they would not have been signed. ( just a thought )
Number one mcbanana was the coach, and number two if you think smith is international standard then there is no point me starting a debate then, because if you have accepted that he is the standard we should have on our books there's absolutely no point because you have accepted mediocrity
superleague

Post by superleague »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:I'm sorry StuWigan your entitled to your opinion but smith is not a good player he's the definition of average, and is Not good enough for a club like us who have aspirations of winning silverware. I also include players like Burke isa tautai in that company but of course that's my opinion tho.
But Smith has won Silverware with Wigan and actually played quite a big part in the victories, however I do agree that he lacks consistency at the top level and goes missing at times.
Made to look a far better player than he is by players like Green, lockers, Tomkins
Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

superleague - you have still not answered my question define a Wigan standard player ???

All you did is serve the answer with something about McNamara being England coach who has nothing to do with Wigan.

I have not mentioned anything about mediocrity you did and also correct me if I'm wrong did Wigan win silverware with Matty as our scrum half and he won the Lance Todd trophy when we played Hull..and in the same year win the Grand Final against Warrington
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

Stuwigan wrote:WOW proper doom n gloom on here ain't we has anyone forgotten how to actually praise or player or get behind em !!! All I see is rubbish this rubbish that crap coaching here not a clue there .....

I thought it was a supporters forum not let's take any opportunity to slag everyone off but hey hoe I must be wrong
I agree with you entirely Stu. I was thinking the same thing! Over the last few weeks there have been mountains of posts slagging this player that player the coach the attack we wont win anything blah blah fookin blaah. Im glad your not another sheep! It just goes to show how many of the wannabe John Monie fans on here actually attend away games. Not one friggin topic or positive post has been put on here following a 54-4 win in the challenge cup regardless of the opposition. Armchair Doom mongers! Everyone's entitled to an opinion but when you can't have the decency to post anything positive about the team at all you surely can't class yourself as a fan.
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Tuigamala wrote:
Stuwigan wrote:WOW proper doom n gloom on here ain't we has anyone forgotten how to actually praise or player or get behind em !!! All I see is rubbish this rubbish that crap coaching here not a clue there .....

I thought it was a supporters forum not let's take any opportunity to slag everyone off but hey hoe I must be wrong
I agree with you entirely Stu. I was thinking the same thing! Over the last few weeks there have been mountains of posts slagging this player that player the coach the attack we wont win anything blah blah fookin blaah. Im glad your not another sheep! It just goes to show how many of the wannabe John Monie fans on here actually attend away games. Not one friggin topic or positive post has been put on here following a 54-4 win in the challenge cup regardless of the opposition. Armchair Doom mongers! Everyone's entitled to an opinion but when you can't have the decency to post anything positive about the team at all you surely can't class yourself as a fan.
Hey, I'm an armchair fan - but I'm quite positive about what we can achieve this season. We're not at our best, but I firmly believe the best is yet to come. I'm also very excited about Sam coming back and injecting something extra into the side. Matty Smith isn't capable of carrying the side like maybe a few others could. But stick a decent team round him and he won't let the team down.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.