Positive thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Positive thread

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

SJ wrote:I understand your sentiment Morley and your reason for posting but we are a forum and all people's honest opinions should be tolerated if they comply with the protocol of the site. I am what have been described as a happy clapper which I am proud of. I also don't go along with the view that our game ie RL is going down the tubes like some posters have expressed(which they entitled to do. It simply shows I can enjoy something they can't I love RL and have been a supporter when there was just me a blind man and his dog were present when we went into the second division There was no forum then but had there been I would have posted and no adverse post would not have caused me to stop posting. What I would hope is that Booze Hound et. al would return to the forum and express their views no matter how controversial they may be. There's no right or wrongs just opinions which are by definition subjective.
Ps to all the spel chekurs on the forum they wull ave a feeld day with my posts.

:lol: I'm rambling now. Well I am a "coughin doger
I cont sea owt rong wy thi spelin :D
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Just be cos the stan dud has dropped in Sooper Leeg dus knot meen peapull av lost there luv fert game# :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

SJ wrote:I understand your sentiment Morley and your reason for posting but we are a forum and all people's honest opinions should be tolerated if they comply with the protocol of the site. I am what have been described as a happy clapper which I am proud of. I also don't go along with the view that our game ie RL is going down the tubes like some posters have expressed(which they entitled to do. It simply shows I can enjoy something they can't I love RL and have been a supporter when there was just me a blind man and his dog were present when we went into the second division There was no forum then but had there been I would have posted and no adverse post would not have caused me to stop posting. What I would hope is that Booze Hound et. al would return to the forum and express their views no matter how controversial they may be. There's no right or wrongs just opinions which are by definition subjective.
Ps to all the spel chekurs on the forum they wull ave a feeld day with my posts.

:lol: I'm rambling now. Well I am a "coughin doger
I won't stop posting either, SJ. I hope I didn't give the impression that I object to people having different opinions. What I get fed up of is almost every thread being turned into an attack on SW, Matty Smith etc. We're all well aware of what some people think, it just gets tedious being reminded 50 times a day :eh:

Btw, you must be short-sighted, SJ - I might not be good looking, but I've never been mistaken for a dog before, and I was there too - Billy Melling, Breheny, Stockdale etc. George Fairbairn and Dennis Boyd were probably the only two worth watching :(
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

JUKESAYS wrote:FPN was far more impressive on Friday.

Tautai continue to impress.

Apart from the Knock on from the kick off I thought Flower looked a yard quicker and more aggressive in contact
Yes, agree on all three. Picking points of optimism out of Friday is a challenging one, though!

Even the beer selection in the pub was rubbish! All lager: savages! :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:
JUKESAYS wrote:FPN was far more impressive on Friday.

Tautai continue to impress.

Apart from the Knock on from the kick off I thought Flower looked a yard quicker and more aggressive in contact
Yes, agree on all three. Picking points of optimism out of Friday is a challenging one, though!

Even the beer selection in the pub was rubbish! All lager: savages! :D
Bet you went native anyway!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I can't drink the stuff, Dave. Not in any quantity, anyway. Makes me feel bloated. Actually left one bottle untouched!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:I can't drink the stuff, Dave. Not in any quantity, anyway. Makes me feel bloated. Actually left one bottle untouched!
Learned to drink the stuff when I lived in London. Most bitter particularly in the centre wasn't well kept and even some pubs that ran large selections of beer and were supposedly real ale pubs served up stuff that could make you ill. Lager was a safer bet. Long time ago this though.

Reverted back to ale myself over the last few years as there is a lot of good stuff about now though I will be putting up with the fizzy stuff for the next couple of weeks.

We fly out to Barcelona on Friday for a few days then onto Minorca for our summer holiday so I will miss the Saints game and the two after.

Whether doing so is a positive or I will miss a long overdue Wigan revival we will have to wait and see.
morley pie eater

DaveO wrote:
moto748 wrote:I can't drink the stuff, Dave. Not in any quantity, anyway. Makes me feel bloated. Actually left one bottle untouched!
Learned to drink the stuff when I lived in London. Most bitter particularly in the centre wasn't well kept and even some pubs that ran large selections of beer and were supposedly real ale pubs served up stuff that could make you ill. Lager was a safer bet. Long time ago this though.

Reverted back to ale myself over the last few years as there is a lot of good stuff about now though I will be putting up with the fizzy stuff for the next couple of weeks.

We fly out to Barcelona on Friday for a few days then onto Minorca for our summer holiday so I will miss the Saints game and the two after.

Whether doing so is a positive or I will miss a long overdue Wigan revival we will have to wait and see.
Now a beer thread on here would be a positive development!

Btw Dave, when you're in Minorca, go to Bar Delfin in Mahon if you get chance. It's run by Steve & Di Calpin, friends of ours from Cawood, near Selby.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

One of the most enjoyable things about my regular trips to Wigan (in fact, on current team form, make that *the* most enjoyable thing!) is the dizzyingly wide selection of beers available in the local pubs! :)
morley pie eater

moto748 wrote:One of the most enjoyable things about my regular trips to Wigan (in fact, on current team form, make that *the* most enjoyable thing!) is the dizzyingly wide selection of beers available in the local pubs! :)
We'll be staying over at The Brocket Arms on Friday, Moto. Any suggestions for a good pint - esp in that area or between there & the DW? Celebrate the victory???
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐