Flower Charged

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Flower Charged

Post by cpwigan »

I would increase the length of suspensions across the board and IMO hey presto you will see far less fould play. It has to be consisyent though by the RFL but also fans! You cannot have one rules for your own team and a different set for every other team.
OJ

Post by OJ »

medlocke wrote:Nothing more than an ill timed non malicious tackle made to look worse by SKYs love of the dramatic slow motion shot
Pretty much sums it up for me too. None of us want to see anyone get hurt or deliberately taken out viciously but it's a rough tough man's game and competitiveness and accidents go together sometimes and this was one such occasion for me. Since the last debacle where he got the OTT 6 month ban he has worked hard kept his head down and grafted for our team. When this latest incident happened he was jumping high to get the ball and his elbow connected with Paton. I don't have a problem with him being sent off but do think it was unintentional and unfortunate. Hope the RFL make a fair decision based on the facts and not listen to the folk who are only too happy to sit knitting round the guillotine.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:
medlocke wrote:Nothing more than an ill timed non malicious tackle made to look worse by SKYs love of the dramatic slow motion shot
It wasn't a tackle
If it had been timed correctly it would have been a great tackle
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
It wasn't a tackle
It would have been a none tackle late or on time.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

OJ wrote:
Pretty much sums it up for me too. None of us want to see anyone get hurt or deliberately taken out viciously but it's a rough tough man's game and competitiveness and accidents go together sometimes and this was one such occasion for me. Since the last debacle where he got the OTT 6 month ban he has worked hard kept his head down and grafted for our team. When this latest incident happened he was jumping high to get the ball and his elbow connected with Paton. I don't have a problem with him being sent off but do think it was unintentional and unfortunate. Hope the RFL make a fair decision based on the facts and not listen to the folk who are only too happy to sit knitting round the guillotine.
Same as Colin Tyrer at Wembley :wink:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I love our club and its reputation. Flower tarnished our reputation with his cowardly thuggery in the Grand Final and nearly de railed our season again on Friday. There was no need for him to raise his elbow at that point. If we had lost then we would likely end up 4th and have to play away to the buoyant league leaders. As it happens, through the heroism of his team mates we may well play at home against the team which has just lost the title decider. I am not sure how many destroyed seasons we want a player to be responsible for, but we at least have a chance to see him for what he is and the effect his actions have on our club. Ship him out.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
It wasn't a tackle
I've watched it a few times,I'm not sure what he was trying to do,charge the ball down then why not arms extended then?

It's a terrible looking tackle even if the end result wasn't that bad,I'm not his biggest fan but this is an odd one,a rush of blood perhaps who knows?
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

joeb wrote:Shocking rfl sending off sufficient he was turning away almost had his back to him and Patton was sat up within 3 seconds hardley cleaned him out any body wants a ban it should be Hicks sometimes these refs cause flair ups/bad tackles through bad decisions should be getting pats next year

could not agree more with your statement , 1 game ban in my opinion
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

fozzieskem wrote:
medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote: It wasn't a tackle
I've watched it a few times,I'm not sure what he was trying to do,charge the ball down then why not arms extended then?

It's a terrible looking tackle even if the end result wasn't that bad,I'm not his biggest fan but this is an odd one,a rush of blood perhaps who knows?
Exactly, nobody can pretend it was an attempted charge down.

It was nasty and scummy. If an opponent had done the same to Smith, Williams or Tomkins we would be screaming lifetim ban.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

On fb last night people were saying, is it clumsy or intentional? I said then that of course it was clumsy; whether it was intentional I don't think anyone can say for absolute certain, but I have to say it looks intentional to me. As cpw rightly says, it's not a tackle, he isn't playing at the ball, and he's not got his arms out to make a tackle on the player (putting issues of lateness aside). So what does that leave?

If it quacks like a duck...

BF isn't a week in, week out grub of a player in the Ashton Sims mould, but this trait of losing it in big games is a real worry.