O’Loughlin has ‘remote chance’ of playing in Grand Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: O’Loughlin has ‘remote chance’ of playing in Grand Final

Post by butt monkey »

Not played one single minute since 5th August when he got sent off against Wakefield and some on here think he will have a positive impact in the Grand Final for us off the bench

He wont

He is versatile in that he can play half as well as back row BUT he clearly will struggle in that position if he is forced into it.

Like I said earlier, might as well pick Micky Mac or Joel or Dom Manfredi or even Clubby as I am sure any one of them would give a good 5 minutes or so.

This is NOT about sentimentality BUT harsh reality and Sean has NOT been part of this team that has won its way to the final
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

CP makes a strong point,it hasnt been pretty at times but this bunch of lads has come through the looking glass in my opinion,they can win without Lockers and win well.

He wants to carry on,well thats up to him but lets be fair he's in no way shape or form match fit for saturday,give this bunch the long lead and give them their head,they have to learn and are ahead with this awful season progress wise..its time to look to the future.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Re watching the games, our form drops when Bretherton and Shorrocks are on. Both of them drop off key tackles - no criticism of them they have done fabulous work for the cause. The only question Wane needs to consider is whether we would be stronger with Lockers doing a 15 minute shift than Shorrocks - not if he is back to his best. I trust player and coach to make the right decision...
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

One senario Lockers would be perfect,
At 50 mins and we're ahead switch Bateman to centre instead of OG, Isa to 2nd row and Lockers to loose forward. Strengthen up our backs and experience in the pack.

Bretherton losing his spot to Lockers
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Josie's friend wrote:One senario Lockers would be perfect,
At 50 mins and we're ahead switch Bateman to centre instead of OG, Isa to 2nd row and Lockers to loose forward. Strengthen up our backs and experience in the pack.
Here is another.....

Wigan are holding onto a slender lead. A totally non-match fit lockers come on, mistimes a tackle and gets sent off like his last match and we end up losing.

Woopeee idiots want to give him a chance to play when he clearly does not deserve that chance and would be a bigger gamble than not having him in the side.

Get over it Josie Friend, why do you think he deserves a spot in the 17 when he has played no part in the side that got us to the final in the first place?

Why not ask Matty Bowen if he wants another chance for final glory?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

butt monkey wrote: Here is another.....

Wigan are holding onto a slender lead. A totally non-match fit lockers come on, mistimes a tackle and gets sent off like his last match and we end up losing.

Woopeee idiots want to give him a chance to play when he clearly does not deserve that chance and would be a bigger gamble than not having him in the side.

Get over it Josie Friend, why do you think he deserves a spot in the 17 when he has played no part in the side that got us to the final in the first place?

I'd have Matty Bowen back in a heartbeat! :lol:
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

butt monkey wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:One senario Lockers would be perfect,
Here is another.....

Just so we are clear... do you not want Lockers to be play then :doz:
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

not in the squad

https://twitter.com/SuperLeague/status/ ... 6071220224[/url]

Chris Sandow is in the Wire squad though
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Glad.

I can understand Wire but it is a huge risk, coud be crusial or an almighty disaster.

I do think Wire need a second experienced halfback. Prefer Ratchford at 6 personally and Russel at FB.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

butt monkey wrote:Get over it Josie Friend, why do you think he deserves a spot in the 17 when he has played no part in the side that got us to the final in the first place?

I don't think he should be selected I just gave one example, I think we should stick with the same squad. Flower like Lockers played no part in us getting to the final either, in fact hindered it at Wire so his inclusion is a kick in the teeth to the players that miss out.