70 - 0

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: 70 - 0

Post by MrsLam »

thegimble posted:
MrsLam posted:
Hopefully we were saving ourselves for next week..
Right ive had enough of the CC game and its importance to some. Id rather lose that by 100 points than lose to Leigh the week after. Where the hell is your priorities. Challenge Cup is not important now we are not good enough can you see pass that and the fact we play Saints.

We lose to Leigh and we are going down make no mistake that is the game which will eventually decide our future. SL is far more important than betaing Saints in the CC. Even if we did them we have Leeds waiting for us. Bloody hell its time for some to realise that we are lucky to be outside relegsation now if we had not win 2 games over the Easter Holidays we wouyld on the same tally as Widnes. Next week is not important the week after is. Any player carrying an injury into the CC game shpould be pulled out.

We will lose to the Saints by a big score. Not as bad as this week but we never know. Then again im not really bothered about that im more bothered re the SL position.
We've just lost 70-0 to Leeds, like I said alli can say is I hope that we were saving ourselves. I never said it was more important. Right now though, it is. We've lost and now we have to look to next week, of course the CC game is more important than a league game normally, maybe not to Wigan this year but any other year it would be, do you think any other SL team went into these weekly rounds with the view that they wer emore important that next weeks? I don't think so.

Neither Easter win was lucky, people need to get over that, am so sick of hearin how we were lucky just becauseof how we've played recently. We won those games fair and square, we deserved to which is why we deserve not to be at the bottom of Sl.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
Neither Easter win was lucky, people need to get over that, am so sick of hearin how we were lucky just becauseof how we've played recently. We won those games fair and square, we deserved to which is why we deserve not to be at the bottom of Sl.
We were lucky in the Easter games, you always need luck on your side. Lately we've not had luck in the games we've narrowly lost and most other games we've been slaughtered in key areas. As someone said recently (think it was GeoffN), had we had lady luck on our side in several games we'd be in the top 6!

One thing that annoyed me tonight as much as the scoreline was the fact that so many of their moves contained forward passes. Also, that try in the corner where the camera didn't even catch the grounding so it was given anyway, even though I was sure the touch judge didn't give it!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble posted:
MrsLam posted:
Right ive had enough of the CC game and its importance to some. Id rather lose that by 100 points than lose to Leigh the week after. Where the hell is your priorities. Challenge Cup is not important now we are not good enough can you see pass that and the fact we play Saints.

We lose to Leigh and we are going down make no mistake that is the game which will eventually decide our future. SL is far more important than betaing Saints in the CC. Even if we did them we have Leeds waiting for us. Bloody hell its time for some to realise that we are lucky to be outside relegsation now if we had not win 2 games over the Easter Holidays we wouyld on the same tally as Widnes. Next week is not important the week after is. Any player carrying an injury into the CC game shpould be pulled out.

We will lose to the Saints by a big score. Not as bad as this week but we never know. Then again im not really bothered about that im more bothered re the SL position.
I agree 100%. The CC game means nothing. In fact I think I'd rather we lose because on the off chance we don't we would have another CC game to play when what we need to be doing is concentrating on staying up!

I think if we lose to Leigh, we are relegated and that is not as far fetched as it sounds.

Dave

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

:( we will not lose against leigh and for now because i thought we would win today i have to go on strike i know when we beat sts i will be back come on we were bad 2day can i swear :doz:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Survival is all that matters now.

If by some miracle we could get past saints who bashed leeds not so long ago then we will have leeds to look forward to.

That was so depressing to watch - people have been asking where our next win is - I have problems seeing where our next try is coming from. How many players broke the leeds line? Botham was OK, Godwin tried. That was about it. Carney was out paced by senior - how does that happen?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

DaveO posted:
thegimble posted:
MrsLam posted:

I agree 100%. The CC game means nothing. In fact I think I'd rather we lose because on the off chance we don't we would have another CC game to play when what we need to be doing is concentrating on staying up!

I think if we lose to Leigh, we are relegated and that is not as far fetched as it sounds.

Dave
i beleive the cuirrent coaching staff think we can win the cc ,4 getting about sl maybe they think were safe .wee will beeat the leeds again i cant wait they were bad today dont ask me why(scum)
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

carney had no cetre for a change dont blame him :angry:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Matthew posted:
Survival is all that matters now.

If by some miracle we could get past saints who bashed leeds not so long ago then we will have leeds to look forward to.

That was so depressing to watch - people have been asking where our next win is - I have problems seeing where our next try is coming from. How many players broke the leeds line? Botham was OK, Godwin tried. That was about it. Carney was out paced by senior - how does that happen?
were was is centre????????

Rob - Please don't use so many ???'s in future it messes the width of the screen up. Cheers.

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

Lets hope what remains of our good players play well against leigh. Leigh will be playing like men possessed for that game, and the only thing that will beat them is quality play. Looking through the side against leeds, really looking at them how can you be surprised by a heavy defeat? 70 is huge yes, but we've got a lot of bad players out there. How many of that team would have made the wigan team of 5 years ago? Lets hope Betts has his best motivating hat on for the leigh game, i will be literally praying before that game, the challenge cup to be honest is an unwanted distraction that could only give us more injurys. -adding more insult to injury!
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

The Black Pearl posted:
I've dried my eyes to post this message but i'm holding back the tears. Mrs Lam had it right the worst performance I have ever seen. I really feel like going to the ground and waiting for them to get off the bus and vent my anger. I honestly believe that the players have to put their hands up and apologise the Wigan public for that mess.
Oh and another thing I heard in the press that Wigan have wrote this season off and are looking to next season, does that mean I get half my season ticket money refunded?
Your spot on!!!I feel like I have thrown over £100 down the drain for my Season Ticket and "YES" I think they should apologise for what can only be descibed as a complete shambles,there was'nt one player on that field in a Wigan jersey that decided to get stuck in and give it there all,some of them are a disgrace in my opinion and if they want to play like that then they should find another club!!!I agree with P.Clarke the top and bottom of it is the youngsters that have come through are simply not good enough!I'm tired of hearing the "injury excuse" we all know about it,but you just have to get on with it and dig in and try your best,not lie down and get hammered!!