Re: WESTS VICTORIOUS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

HappyHooker posted:

Question is, if Millward plays these two new signings together, do you think they'll be as good as Hape/Vino are playing now? :wink:
Totally different styles, but I think they'll be as effective. Calderwood is faster than, but nowhere near as strong as Vainikolo (who was caught from behind by Paul Cooke yesterday!), but Richards is much better all round than Hape..bigger, stronger, faster and better defensively. The weakest link in our backs is going to be Vaealiki, unless he shows massive improvement from his performances this season.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Doveoverdave posted:
I'm a little surprised that no-one has mentioned all the swearing on national/international TV. Matty Johns didn't know where to put his face, or his microphone!

The Aussies are supposed to be the ultimate professionals - another myth destroyed. Can you imagine the furore there would be if this happened on Sky TV in our own GF?
You can't really expect them to be restrained and all nice and polite at a moment like that. Those guys worked hard all year and at the start no one would have predicted them to be Premiers. I was at the game and the emotion was overwhelming so i'm not surprised that's what happens when someone comes and shoves a camera in their face directly after they've won the grand final. I really don't agree with it. Leave them to enjoy the moment, let them do their lap and jump around all over the place and then do the interviews.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
I'm a little surprised that no-one has mentioned all the swearing on national/international TV. Matty Johns didn't know where to put his face, or his microphone!

The Aussies are supposed to be the ultimate professionals - another myth destroyed. Can you imagine the furore there would be if this happened on Sky TV in our own GF?
You can't really expect them to be restrained and all nice and polite at a moment like that. Those guys worked hard all year and at the start no one would have predicted them to be Premiers. I was at the game and the emotion was overwhelming so i'm not surprised that's what happens when someone comes and shoves a camera in their face directly after they've won the grand final. I really don't agree with it. Leave them to enjoy the moment, let them do their lap and jump around all over the place and then do the interviews.
I don't know why the TV people always do that. Someone's just run a marathon or whatever, is half-dead, and the TV people want an in-depth interview. Why can't they wait a few minutes and give the poor people a chance to let the moment sink in? The interviews are rarely coherent anyway, we (viewers) don't lose much by not knowing the captain's opinions the second the hooter has sounded.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I know the odd swear word or two popped out when the Wests players were being interviewed and it may be viewed as unprofessional, but I think the players aren't really thinking about what they're saying when they've just won a Grand Final.

However, I preferred it when back in the early 90's we got to watch the Aussie coverage, interviews and all. I don't really want to listen to Chris Warren & Tulsen Tollett in a studio whatever thousand miles from the actual game.

I want to watch and listen to Ray Warren, Fatty, Sterlo and Matty Johns ... do you agree ??
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Love Rabbits, Fatty and Sterlo but Matty Johns do me a favour. Far better as Reg, not a sideline commentator. I think even the Aussies are diluting their presented. Ah for the days of Rex the Moose, Eastlake, Billy Anderson/Graeme Hughes (great experts) Still gotta love the Aussies so so much better than our muppets. Frightening thing is we have been stuck with Frenchie for a quarter of a century nearly and it looks the same with eddie and stevo.

For those who remember, what about the days of descending upon Micron to pick up the latest Aussie Video Tape for Round whatever :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

willie c

Post by willie c »

cpwigan posted:
Love Rabbits, Fatty and Sterlo but Matty Johns do me a favour. Far better as Reg, not a sideline commentator. I think even the Aussies are diluting their presented. Ah for the days of Rex the Moose, Eastlake, Billy Anderson/Graeme Hughes (great experts) Still gotta love the Aussies so so much better than our muppets. Frightening thing is we have been stuck with Frenchie for a quarter of a century nearly and it looks the same with eddie and stevo.

For those who remember, what about the days of descending upon Micron to pick up the latest Aussie Video Tape for Round whatever :D
none of them can hold a candle to the legand that was eddie wearing :lol: that was one funny guy
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Have to admit I wasn't around when the legend Waring was commentating but I have seen his classic when Don Fox missed the kick in the Cup Final.

"Aww...he's missed it!! the poor, poor lad"

:lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

100% Warrior posted:
Have to admit I wasn't around when the legend Waring was commentating but I have seen his classic when Don Fox missed the kick in the Cup Final.

"Aww...he's missed it!! the poor, poor lad"

:lol:
Waring a legend?

I was a little lad when he was commentating on the RL on BBC on Saturdays so don't remember much about him apart from the fact I hated his voice but I do know my Dad can't stand him.

I bet there are a fair few older fans with similar views to my Dad.

Rearrange these words and you get the picture.

git, yorkshire, biased.

Dave
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

biased yorkshire git eyyyy sounds like him and stevo have something ni common
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------