Dennis Moran as to go now

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Dennis Moran as to go ...

Post by DaveO »

Fujiman posted:
Dawber posted:
I would just like to say well done to all the fans that booed Moran when the team sheet was anounced on the pitch, How do you think that guy felt when his name came out and it got that response??????, He was standing right in front of us warming up for gods sake? His confidence was shattered before we even kicked off, So well done to all those people that booed him, Give yourself a round of applause.
You can't wrap the guy up in cotton wool and whisper everything will be alright to him. He's well paid to do a job and he ain't doing it. If he was doing the business he would be eating up the praise.He's had long enough to sparle and he hasn't. Once again ship him out and let somebody else have a go
No you can't wrap him in cotton wool but the booing has got to be counter productive.

I think he is awful at the moment and we need someone different but I won't boo him.

If I bumped into him around Wigan I'd offer him a few words of encouragement because at the end of the day it is in our interests that he plays better and if a bit of support helped then so be it. I know of at least one fan who says they have told him to his face he is the worst no. 7 Wigan have ever had. He may be right but does that do any good for our predicament?

There is a difference though between encouragement and endorsement. Cheering Moran or just not booing at the start of a game does not mean you are signalling your approval of the way he plays. It means you are supporting him for the game wanting him to do well.

I will lay into him on here as much as anyone when he is pap but when I go to games even though I feel like it I won't boo as I think it works against us.

Dave
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

he was rubbidh i listened to the match on the radio and did he knock on on the break in the last few minutes?
To be the best
you have to beat the best
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

yeah with that leigh coach taking the mick :eusa9:
To be the best
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

because he is local i think but he did seem to know a bit bye
To be the best
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

scholesblue posted:
Mike,
I for one believe Dennis is one of our best players who organises the team and gives 100%.
Typical fan who always blames the referee when bottom line is were rubbish...
Firstly, please don't use bad language on here, this is a family message board.

Secondly, I wonder if you went to the game last night. If you did, there is no possible way you could say anything positive about Moran. The guy only knows two kicks - one which is 5 feet above the right winger who hasn't a chance to catch the ball before it goes into touch, and the other which is 10 feet above the right winger who can't even stop the ball going out on the full. He can't catch, as his (thankfully) brief spell at fullback clearly demonstrated. And he spent more time running sideways with absolutely no idea what to do with the ball than going forward. Granted, he contributed to our one try, but given he was on the pitch for 55 minutes or so he needed to do a lot more than that. I wouldn't mind except he's very greedy as well. Before he came on Orr and Lockers were sharing out the lack of half-back penetration equally (I do wish Lockers would look before kicking so if there are any other options available) but when Moran came on he took virtually everything on himself and everything became completely one-dimensional and predictable. He's not good enough, and at the moment a liability to our team staying in Superleague.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]