Harlequins win, we now need 4 wins to overtake them !!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Re: Harlequins win, we now...

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Everyone has their opinions and I agree, not that I’ve mentioned a thousand times before we are doomed with the shower we have at the JJB.

I was told via a Leigh fan that and offer to any of the possible promotional teams from Div 1 will be made so we may stay up.

He tells me that there are rumours at Leigh that Lindsay has made enquires to them about a cash offer for them to stay down. They have rightly told him were to go.

How low can he stoop if this is correct ( and I know some people will disagree). I will add that at Leigh they do have a tendency to let every cat out of the bag with them being a small club, so some truth I would suspect to be in this one.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan Watcher posted:
...so some truth I would suspect to be in this one.
You sound like Yoda :lol:

Seriously I doubt anyone at Wigan is trying to bribe any club to stay down. It is far too risky because if it ever came out they would simply have to resign.

Whoever is suggesting this had better keep quiet or be able to prove it because I am sure Mo would have the solicitors on them like a shot for suggesting it.

Dave
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

It is not a bribe and from all accounts in the open, Rugby league Headquarters would not accept any bribing, but they would accept a club stating they do not meet the criteria for Super League. After this happens it has nothing to do with anyone if Wigan give them a help in hand with development. (This is the official line to be taken and acceptable)

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan Watcher posted:
It is not a bribe and from all accounts in the open, Rugby league Headquarters would not accept any bribing, but they would accept a club stating they do not meet the criteria for Super League. After this happens it has nothing to do with anyone if Wigan give them a help in hand with development. (This is the official line to be taken and acceptable)
The difference is that it is the RFL who are offerng £100K for a promoted side to stay down.

The way you worded your post was as if Wigan (and Mo) were making the offer.

If a club acceptsa the RFL's offer of £100K I see no reason why Wigan would chip in a few quid in addition.

If WIgam also made an offer of cash before a club accepted the RFL offer, it would be seen as inducment (or a bribe) to accept the RFL offer.

Dave
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

DaveO posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
The difference is that it is the RFL who are offerng £100K for a promoted side to stay down.

If a club acceptsa the RFL's offer of £100K I see no reason why Wigan would chip in a few quid in addition.

If WIgam also made an offer of cash before a club accepted the RFL offer, it would be seen as inducment (or a bribe) to accept the RFL offer.
Dave
I have already explained this one

FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Anyway, it doesn't matter as it aint gonna happen.
Good run in, loads of home games, getting back to full strength, Nobby / Vievers influence starting to show, couple of weekends off due to no cup ties.
Get Leeds game out of the way and away we go!

We are staying up I said we are staying up
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan Watcher posted:
DaveO posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:

Dave
You said an offer would be made to any promoted side to stay down.

That is correct and the offer comes from the RFL. It has already been made public by the RFL. It is £100K.

You have also said there is a rumour that Mo has enquired about a cash offer for Leigh to stay down.

This is rumour, not fact and as I said highly unlikely in my opinion.

Dave
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

DaveO posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
DaveO posted: The difference is that it is the RFL who are offerng £100K for a promoted side to stay down.

Dave
You said an offer would be made to any promoted side to stay down.

That is correct and the offer comes from the RFL. It has already been made public by the RFL. It is £100K.

You have also said there is a rumour that Mo has enquired about a cash offer for Leigh to stay down.

This is rumour, not fact and as I said highly unlikely in my opinion.

Dave

You are correct I did say the above but in my opinion there is some truth in it!