"Lee is developing more playing for Huddersfield than he is for our reserves," added Noble.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: "Lee is developing more playing for Huddersfield than he is for...

Post by GeoffN »

Big Steve wrote:While there are some valid concerns about noble's seeming reluctance to move unperforming players out of the 1st team, some of the criticism is unwarranted.

For example, Saints have been regularily commended for their foresight in letting the likes of Scott Moore go on loan to gain experience, yet when Wigan do the same it is seen as a bad thing.

I do think however that Huddersfield have done so well this season due to their speed and consistency in defence, and they must have put in a hell of a lot of work in trainnig to get to this level.
If wigan were even just slightly harder to score against we would be sitting in the top 4, due to the closeness of many of our defeats and the way we switch off for 10 minute spells.
That's my main criticism of Noble this year, not getting the team to a level of fitness and attitude in defence where we put everything into stopping the opposition from scoring - regardless of who is picked, we still give sloppy tries away.

I can take the fact that he picks what he thinks is the best team - and most teams we have put out have been more than capable of winning most games, but the worst thing about this season is the continued ease in which we allow teams to move to within 20yards of our line.
It's not our defence which worries me so much as our (lack of) attack.

Compared to Saints at the top, we've only conceded about 50 points more than them; but we've scored about 150 less.
Panchitta Marra

Re: "Lee is developing more playing for Huddersfield than he is for...

Post by Panchitta Marra »

GeoffN wrote:
Big Steve wrote:While there are some valid concerns about noble's seeming reluctance to move unperforming players out of the 1st team, some of the criticism is unwarranted.

For example, Saints have been regularily commended for their foresight in letting the likes of Scott Moore go on loan to gain experience, yet when Wigan do the same it is seen as a bad thing.

I do think however that Huddersfield have done so well this season due to their speed and consistency in defence, and they must have put in a hell of a lot of work in trainnig to get to this level.
If wigan were even just slightly harder to score against we would be sitting in the top 4, due to the closeness of many of our defeats and the way we switch off for 10 minute spells.
That's my main criticism of Noble this year, not getting the team to a level of fitness and attitude in defence where we put everything into stopping the opposition from scoring - regardless of who is picked, we still give sloppy tries away.

I can take the fact that he picks what he thinks is the best team - and most teams we have put out have been more than capable of winning most games, but the worst thing about this season is the continued ease in which we allow teams to move to within 20yards of our line.
It's not our defence which worries me so much as our (lack of) attack.

Compared to Saints at the top, we've only conceded about 50 points more than them; but we've scored about 150 less.
I agree with you there Geoff, a major reason also to buy young Myler from Salford.