Kevin Brown

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: Kevin Brown

Post by GeoffN »

thomo wrote:could Brown be our utlity sqaud player - backing up the halves and covering the centres.
Or would he be looking for too much money to be a back up player
Can't see him moving to become a back-up here, and there isn't a position where he's better than who we already have.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

THE 18th Man wrote:just out of interest where would people play him if he came back to the club

would you move him so Sam could go to 7 but then where does tommy go, hooker? if so then who is the other hooker Riddell or McIlorum. then again would he fit in centre well and would it be for Carmont with him only on a 1 year deal with a second year option.

this is pure speculation on my half but think if Kev did come back to the club we should give him as much of a chance as anybody. just look at what Madge an the coaching staff have done with the rest of the team.
This is the reason why we shouldn't be trying to resign him - he's not better than any of the players that we already have in any of the positions that he could play for us.

That would mean that he would be some sort of utility player - probably taking the place of the second hooker on the bench. If he does, which hooker is going to drop out?

He certainly isn't better than either of our centres or our halves - so I can't see him being a first choice player. Why would he want to come from the giants where he has a starting slot to come here to be a replacement?

I don't see how being Hock's brother in law has any bearing what so ever on his potential signing. If it is; then why not sign Hock's mum to do the half time oranges as well? She'd probably be cheaper. That is beside the point that if Hock does rejoin the club; then he shouldn't need any "guidance and support" - if he hasn't learnt his lesson yet; then we shouldn't be taking him back. End of story.

I don't think that Brown has improved that much from his time here - he still makes silly errors and isn't great in defense. I don't think that this is a good signing for the club.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
chris1234

Post by chris1234 »

It has nothing to do with Gareth Hock directly, its to do with Kevin Browns personal life, i dont really want to go into too much detail, but it is to do with him and his girlfriend looking to start a family.
RichardMathers @ MichaelJones86: don't bother coming then u nerd... or how's about u introduce yourself to me face to face you keyboard warrior?

MichaelJones86 @ RichardMathers: you would probably drop me, you drop everything else. Can't wait for Brett hodgson. Bellend
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I really cant emphasise how disappointed I would be if Brown came back to the club. He is no where near as good as the players that we have got and he still makes the same stupid mistakes and still has the same poor defence. It would be such a step backwards.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

so some are saying utility player but are saying they dont want him back and i agree he isnt as good as anyone in our starting 13 at the mintite but could he come in and do Phelp's job as he has lost his place and maybe Maguire thinks if he is going to have a utitly player it might aswell be a English so there is a space on the quota
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

THE 18th Man wrote:so some are saying utility player but are saying they dont want him back and i agree he isnt as good as anyone in our starting 13 at the mintite but could he come in and do Phelp's job as he has lost his place and maybe Maguire thinks if he is going to have a utitly player it might aswell be a English so there is a space on the quota
What job is Phelps doing though? He has played okay for 1.5 games this year.

If you are talking aboout utility value again what utility value has Phelps got? There are better backup players in every position that Phelps has been tried in. I also cant understand why Brown would want to leave a team, which he is one of the main players for, to be a bit part utility player.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Kev Brown is a good in the halves, he still isn't big enough to be a centre, and I'm guessing that now he never will be.
We really don't need him. It isn't exactly a long trip to Huddersfield is it?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

according to somebody on RLfans we are trying to sign Sika Manu, Brett Finch and Dane Neilson, Dane i believe plays at centre but can cover wing, they also state that Carmont is retiring at the end of the season, so could we be seeing a new pair of centres for next year, will Gleeson be replaced by Brown
moffsta

Post by moffsta »

IMO If Kev Brown is coming back to wigan he seriously needs to up his game, end of!! :(
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

He has signed a new 5 year deal with Huddersfield. Improved deal on his final 2 years of his current contract and then another 3 years after that. So no return to Wigan.