Kevin Brown

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thomo

Kevin Brown

Post by thomo »

I know it is only a Daily Star on Sunday Rumour - but we were linked with Kevin Brown today
MrDave

Re: Kevin Brown

Post by MrDave »

A good player but for me not the type of player Wigan need at the moment.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrDave wrote:A good player but for me not the type of player Wigan need at the moment.
Spot on. We need an organising half back, with a good long kicking game, to complement Sam, and KB isn't one.
thomo

Post by thomo »

like i said - don't know if there is any truth in it at all.

Would he be brought in to replace decon - would they cost similar on the salary cap?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Problem with KB is that he is still the same player he was when he left us. Mistake prone.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Good player in a winning team, not the sort of player you'd expect to get all the players fired up and make a comeback.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

He wasn't good enough for us when he left.

So either:

We have actually gone backwards and are now worse than when he left (we're currently top of the league, so that isn't true)

Or

He is a greatly improved player from his days at Wigan (which isn't true either)

So, no - I don't think that we should be looking to sign him again
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I can only think of three players who we have bought back to try to improve the team and maybe only Keith Holden in 1958 was a short term success. Bill Ashurst and Dennis Betts never re-created their former glories. I can`t bring to mind any other players who have come back to play for Wigan, are there any that anyone else can remember?.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

bill.inger wrote: I can only think of three players who we have bought back to try to improve the team and maybe only Keith Holden in 1958 was a short term success. Bill Ashurst and Dennis Betts never re-created their former glories. I can`t bring to mind any other players who have come back to play for Wigan, are there any that anyone else can remember?.
Gary Connolly
Kris Radlinski
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Brown is on his way to Oz when his contract expires.We certainly dont want or need him.