Will Players Follow!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Will Players Follow!!

Post by medlocke »

the winky one wrote:Hock?
NO! :evil:
:eusa10: PLEASE!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

From what little I know, Bitcom is up there with the very best re conditioning anywhere in the world. So, anybody incl the NRL would be interested and he has never been afraid to go beyond his home town. Bitcom as Madge openly stated is a huge part of our recent success.

OUR players / SL players many are as good sometimes better than what the NRL has to offer. Collectively as teams either nationally or club then no but you only have to see how many NZers make it there to realise yes plenty Brits could do so.

Some young players from so many clubs here could be incredibly successful in the NRL.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

cpwigan wrote:I think the biggest threat re losses might be our backroom staff.
Like who?

Only seems 5 mins ago that you were spouting that owt with an aussie accent was better than any Brit involved in RL.

More nonesense CPW.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

cpwigan wrote: OUR players / SL players many are as good sometimes better than what the NRL has to offer. Collectively as teams either nationally or club then no but you only have to see how many NZers make it there to realise yes plenty Brits could do so.

Some young players from so many clubs here could be incredibly successful in the NRL.
WRONG!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Doveoverdave wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I think the biggest threat re losses might be our backroom staff.
Like who?

Only seems 5 mins ago that you were spouting that owt with an aussie accent was better than any Brit involved in RL.

More nonesense CPW.
In terms of Rugby YES

In terms of conditioning, I would think nationality is irrelevant. I am told by people I respect that Bitcom is world class in his field.

You seem to have got out of the wrong side of the best. Relax, it is a lovely day.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Doveoverdave wrote:
cpwigan wrote: OUR players / SL players many are as good sometimes better than what the NRL has to offer. Collectively as teams either nationally or club then no but you only have to see how many NZers make it there to realise yes plenty Brits could do so.

WRONG!!
I am fortunate that via Eclipse I get to see a lot of junior Aus RL,boy did hthey look impressive. I thought they would slaughter us when they came over. Our Academy players proved their equal and better in many respects.

Young Brits with no pedigree / no background have gone to Aus and made it; Reed (Broncos) and Widdop (Storm)

I personally think there will always be very talented players at a junior level in any country. The difference is the intensity of competition they are placed in and thus the rate of progress they make over the same period and their ability to deal with pressure.

Obviously, Australia has far more top quality juniors, although interestingly with immigration, many of the best are NZ/Island heritage BUT I have explained and given the reason why I think Brits could go to Aus and do fantastically well.

I await a properly constructed answer from you DOD :D