Will Players Follow!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stjudes02

Will Players Follow!!

Post by stjudes02 »

So Michael Mcguire is leaving us at the end of the season, is anybody worried that he might try and get a few of our boys to go over there and join him once he beds in?? He obviously knows we have a array of talent in the ranks so will anybody actually be tempted??
Wes

Re: Will Players Follow!!

Post by Wes »

Maybe, part and parcel of the game but personally the only 2 he would take are hoff (we have enough cover) and finch, other stars are retiring or signed in!
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Whilst I can accept Madge's decision to move on I have to admit that it would leave a bitter taste if he returned to the club to take some of the players with him.

We had that problem when Monie took charge of Auckland and we lost Bell, Platt, Betts and Botica not too long after.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If he has an ounce of integrity in him he would not want to damage Wigan. I would not trust that to be the case though.

What is in our favour is he probably doesn't need to go for our players anyway.

Whatever I am sure he will be on the case organising South's recruitment starting tomorrow.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

More important to me now is the future of Wigan and it's recrutment of players. I'm of the opinion that the Hoff is already gone. But as regards Finch I think not. We need good quality signings. Especially Hooker,Centre,and possible Enforcer.And if at all possible take Roberts with you Michael. :D
pedro

Post by pedro »

Hope he takes Roberts
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

No matter the thread somebody has to take a swipe at a player. Roberts got his injury playing ace rl for Wigan. He has to learn to trust the repair. That does not happen in a couple of first team games.Please give the bitching a rest. This site from being the premier website is being dragged down to the level of others so much so that often we now have to follow a link to C&W to find out what the thread is about.
Ans yes I realise this rant is as much off topic as the swipe at Roberts.
Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Most Wigan players are tied to long term contracts albeit contracts are now worth far less. There is an assumption Madge will only try to sign Wigan players. Why? He may try to sign other SL clubs players thereby helping Wigan.

Souths will not have much money under the cap. Inglis is a big big earner. I know they have plenty of players coming off contract but Souths had to cut players to get Inglis.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Roberts and Hock would be welcome to travel back with him
lancaster4499

Post by lancaster4499 »

What worries me if he tries to poach Paddy and lockers as they are off contract at the end of the year!
"To be the man you have to beat the man"