Pat Richards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackoh

Re: Pat Richards

Post by jackoh »

I ve been told today 3rd April thyat Pat is going to sign for Sale .

The lad who told me has good Rugby Union contacts .
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

jackoh wrote:I ve been told today 3rd April thyat Pat is going to sign for Sale .

The lad who told me has good Rugby Union contacts .
Its 3rd May today!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

We are not asking about his salary sutty, we are simply getting fed up of the no-comment line that keeps being trotted out...it causes speculation and unrest and doesn't do any good
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

BriH wrote:Ondego your right about the Fans being customers ultimately - you pays your money to get on the ground to watch your team: the "product" if you will.
However, there is a big difference between buying a tin of beans in Tesco and watching your Team! There is a very strong connection between the Speckies and the Club so we Speckies have a vested interest in the Club ultimately, and the Chairman recognises that as do the Coach and players.

Changing the subject: did anyone see Pat on "A question of Sport"? The into showed Pat scoring a couple of tries and he did OK.
He put up a very good show, got most of the answers for Phil Tuffnels team, even on British sports/personalities on varying sports etc. Seems an intelligent bloke.
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Its repeated Friday night at 8.30pm on BBC1
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

QoS - if you missed it you didn't miss much tbh.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

ancientnloyal wrote:QoS - if you missed it you didn't miss much tbh.
Ye even Sue doesn't look as fit anymore :lol:
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

the winky one wrote:do you know what DaveO i agree, since the fans through the sale of tickets and other stuff are actually paying the players wages.. therefore they should be entitled to know what is going on
I never understand this line of thinking.

We do not pay the players wages. The club does. The club raises revenue through fundraising, sponsorship deals, merchandising, their franchise deal with the RFL/SKY and spectator gates. What the club as a private enterprise chooses to do with any/all of their revenue stream is their business. As a fan we feel we've made an investment becuase of the emotional tie-in, but we've not in a real sense. We've just bought admission to watch a game.

Do you also pay the electricity bill up at Orrell? Or have you paid the butchers bill for the catering unit at the training ground? What about the physio's and club Doctor? Do you pay their wages as well?

Wes

Post by Wes »

Well said Weststand Rich!
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!!

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... fer/