Wigan TV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan TV

Post by DaveO »

Salford score again, sloppy Wigan tackling. They got 6 more tackles when Hughes kicked a ball back to them after they kicked through.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Final score 34-16 to Wigan.

Looked pretty good in the first half. Much more disjointed in the second with all the subs on. Wane probably won't like conceding at least a couple of the tries.

Smith and Green got plenty of game time.

Wigan TV works pretty well. I got a few lock ups after 70 mins but prior to that no problems. Mind you those lock ups could have been at my end as I was streaming it to a laptop over home plugs out of the way of the wife!

ddtftf

Re: Latest from Salford

Post by ddtftf »

when can you see the match again ( Salford v Wigan ), I tried to re watch it as i missed the first 15 minutes but i only got shaun wayne giving an interwiew
Wes

Post by Wes »

How did everyone do? Who stood out?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

29wes28 wrote:How did everyone do? Who stood out?
Burke had a very good game in the pack I thought. Didn't look out of place alongside the senior players at all. Taylor had better watch out as he won't just walk into the side given who we have already and how Burke played tonight.

Both Smith and Green went well and both put in some good kicks. thornley's try was very well taken - he had to cut inside and he beat two or three players. Goulding was very good in the centres. Logan Tomkins also played well.

Most of the good stuff was seen in the first half. It all got about sloppy after that with lots of subs. Murphy didn't look very confident at the back though he did Ok on attack.

I think overall the team looked quite sharp. Players like Faz, Hansen and Charnley were their usual quality selves so if you search around for comments they may not get much of mention as people concentrate on the new boys.

Gansen was practicing how to use his whistle for the new season as well! Gave several penalties for off side and certainly one for not playing the ball properly against Wigan (which was correct) so expect to see a lot of that this season.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Cheers Dave.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Apparently my old mate Steve 'Prancin' Ganson had a huge influence on the game? Again!!!!!! :devi:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

BriH wrote:Apparently my old mate Steve 'Prancin' Ganson had a huge influence on the game? Again!!!!!! :devi:
He certainly did. I suppose you could argue technically he was right but on a couple of occasions he really failed to play advantage properly and called the teams back a good 40m for a scrum. The Salford fans were going mental over one such incident in particular.

He gave numerous penalties for offside at the PTB, probably more than most refs gave all last season given they seem to ignore and it was three penalties one play after the other that got Salford in position to score their first try.

He will need a new pea in his whistle for his next game.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

So, back to Wigan TV

No super league games to be shown live

Highlights will be shown

Why pay for highlights when they are FREE via super league anyway, the only possible difference would be a local man speaking instead of static crowd?

Do we need to 'watch' interviews or is simply reading the interview elsewhere just as good?

I'd hope for Wigan TV to have a lot of dieas in the pipeline.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I think it needs to be simplified to use, every time i use it i have to request a new password as it never recognises the last one. There is no replays of the tries when it is shown the next day, and is sometimes hard to access the live shows unless you go through google for Wigan tv instead of a short cut.