Brigantes gone?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Re: Brigantes gone?

Post by First Try Tickle »

Sorry, but I think you've given up to easily, what if these guys were latics fans. They come along and cause a scene get banned and the whole brigantes split up.

The work you have done was fantastic and the atmosphere created was brilliant. This would defiantly attract more youngsters which the club needs to keep the crowds up in he future. The latics are getting bigger every year and more and more kids wear their tops and will start to chose them over the warriors. I saw more latics shirts up town on Saturday than Wigan ones, and even my lads school is having a latics day tomorrow and they have to wear blue and white.

I know a lot of guys still go as you see smaller groups at away games and I still heard some of the old songs at Leeds, but we need to try and get the atmosphere back again.

Not sure how to set something like this up again, but after reading some of the replies on here from some big warriors fans it is obviously being missed. However I'm 43 next month so a bit old to stand in S1 and get people back, but coach a lot of kids at junior rugby and I know most of them wanted to start standing with you all.

Cheers.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

They weren't Latics fans, just scrotes!

I do think there was huge mileage in the flag group as part of the official supporters club BUT I respect their right/choice etc. A fabulous effort misunderstood by some owing to jealousy.
Sgt. Bash

Post by Sgt. Bash »

First Try Tickle wrote:I saw more latics shirts up town on Saturday than Wigan ones, and even my lads school is having a latics day tomorrow and they have to wear blue and white.
I tend to find I'm still seeing far more Wigan RL and other football club tops around Wigan town centre than Latics.

As for the "Latics day" thing at your kids school, unless this is now a communist country, I would NOT be making any kids wear club colours of a team they do not support. I'd refuse point blank. In fact, I'd actually send them to school in cherry and white to make a point.