Brigantes gone?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
neilboardman

Brigantes gone?

Post by neilboardman »

Don't know if anyone follows them on Facebook but yesterday the admin on there said that there wouldn't be a brigantes anymore and i believe he said it was due to numbers backing them nowadays after the Huddersfield incident. I am personally saddened by the news as i thought they were a great bunch and at alot of the time they did create a better atmosphere and their reputation was ruined by a few idiots. I think they did some great work i mean we have made some great atmosphere at some games in the last couple of years a memorable one being the saints cup semi final in the cup and missing my coach we stayed for so long singing with them! I think people won't realise it quickly but over time we will start to realise how bad the atmosphere at the DW actually is. I was just wondering what the point of view of this from some other wigan fans is as in my opinion they will be missed.

By the way this isn't a new account my old account (neilwigan) wont let me log in and the password is right im sure, anyone know what it could be?
East Stand Faithful

Re: Brigantes gone?

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Hopefully the orginal people who organised all the flags etc will get hold of this again and move forward.

The atmosphere created was great we just don't need the idiots who cause trouble.

If this can be regulated fine if not we will watch games in silence (bar the odd clap).
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

If they have gone because of that its a damned shame. Those idiots were identified and dealt with very swiftly and the Brigantes denounced them!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

With the latic's being in the FA Cup Final, have they like a few others in Wigan, decided to do a bit of band wagon jumping?
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Kittwazzer wrote:If they have gone because of that its a damned shame. Those idiots were identified and dealt with very swiftly and the Brigantes denounced them!

I'm afraid that's the case and we wont see/hear from them again. The 'idiots' that infiltrated the group (and it was just a very few) were dealt with by the club and the group but the remaining members had a lot of negative feedback and alienation by a lot of our own fans and felt that it wasn't worth the trouble and commitment any more, very sad in my opinion as it was a great idea and could have been even better if it hadn't been hijacked by people with other 'agendas'.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

What a shame! We sorely missed them on Friday night. About 500 Leigh speckys out sung us all the way. It's a good thing their 'We love you Leigthers' sounded very much like 'We love you Wigan' or we would have been completely on our arse! C'mon Brigantes - you got rid of the loonies and its obvious that we need you back!!! If you were willing to move to the West Stand me and my sis would bang the drum or get our maracas out :D :roll: :o
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Everyone should go on their Facebook page and post messages of support!

https://m.facebook.com/WRLBrigantes?ref=stream&refid=52
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

As has already been said, its a massive shame as they created a great atmosphere, especially at away games.
Going to aways like Stains and Wire were brilliant whilst the Brigantes were there. Whats happened though? Do none of those guys go anymore?
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:As has already been said, its a massive shame as they created a great atmosphere, especially at away games.
Going to aways like Stains and Wire were brilliant whilst the Brigantes were there. Whats happened though? Do none of those guys go anymore?

Yes, some/most still attend but its difficult to stop 'idiots' infiltrating the group and taking the kind of support the 'Brigantes' or 'Ultras' provided to an unacceptable level (believe me they tried). The incident that happened at Hudds was instigated by a group that had attached themselves to the others and had managed to drag in some of the younger members to their more 'active' kind of support, its now difficult with the negative publicity this caused to win over the majority of the Wigan supporters, there is a lot of resentment and anger (rightly so) against the group, and in all honesty the original, more responsible members, have lost a lot of heart, and will, to do it any more, it takes a lot of time and commitment to organise the flags and displays the lads put on, and when even your own supporters don't back you it becomes even more difficult. It does now appear to be over, in my opinion that's sad, lets hope the fans that now attend can give our wonderful team the support they deserve, thanks for the good wishes.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I'm sorry they have stopped. Was always a good atmosphere at away games.

Other clubs were so envious of us having such vocal fans supporting the team they love. The stewards at these games were just dumbstruck to see such well behaved supporters, just singing & cheering thier team on.

But the few idiots, who can't hold their drink, the silly little girls who also hung on to the coat tails of these chavs, brought the original group down.

We now have been branded with a bad reputation at away games.

So very sad it has all ended :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan