Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:I blame No Straw. If he'd thrown Ben Barba's name into the hat last week instead of Viola (mini cello*), everyone on here would be congratulating IL for his enterprise and Wigan Warriors would have made the front page of the Observer instead of the back! :lol:

*did you like what I did there! :lol:
Yes, I cracked off laughing when I saw your nickname for him before the reasoning in brackets. I must be understanding your eccentric sense of humour!! Sometimes at least :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

If we don't get Tomkins and you're not interested in 'The Count' we'd take Mini in a nano secound thanks.

He's not as quick as he was but what a courageous player...I want that guy at the back / under the high ball.....well worth compensating with speed else where in your three quarter line.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

[quote="Kittwazzer"]I blame No Straw. If he'd thrown Ben Barba's name into the hat last week instead of Viola (mini cello*), everyone on here would be congratulating IL for his enterprise and Wigan Warriors would have made the front page of the Observer instead of the back! :lol:

*did you like what I did there! :lol: [/quote

This realy had me laughing and I can tell you with sam saga not much to laugh about.Good to see a different spin and some humour into it. Keep it up Kit need a lot more to get the smile back on my face.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
BriH wrote:AM has been overshadowed in the last few seasons but watching him last year he played very well.
Vast experience so I would think he would be a very good buy. Especially to bring on the young aspiring full backs.
If we have to buy a player that old as younger players aren't ready that just tells you the club has let Sam go at least a year too early.

At least with Mossop and Hock you can make the case we have replacements ready.

So in my book its not a very good buy. It's basically a big sign saying "We screwed up!"
Mr Negative strikes again!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:
BriH wrote:AM has been overshadowed in the last few seasons but watching him last year he played very well.
Vast experience so I would think he would be a very good buy. Especially to bring on the young aspiring full backs.
If we have to buy a player that old as younger players aren't ready that just tells you the club has let Sam go at least a year too early.

So in my book its not a very good buy. It's basically a big sign saying "We screwed up!"
He may be negative but his post is quite true!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
keptinthedarkfans

Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:

Nothing negative I can't see anything other than 100% spot on.If they are letting Sam go this season and bringing some one in to take his place you don't have to be to clever to work out .They are lettiing him go to soon.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote: If we have to buy a player that old as younger players aren't ready that just tells you the club has let Sam go at least a year too early.

Nothing negative I can't see anything other than 100% spot on.If they are letting Sam go this season and bringing some one in to take his place you don't have to be to clever to work out .They are lettiing him go to soon.

:eusa2: :eusa2:
BriH

Post by BriH »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote: If we have to buy a player that old as younger players aren't ready that just tells you the club has let Sam go at least a year too early.

So, if Sam want's to leave then how (or would you want to) stop him?
Of course, as usual, all this is hypothetical!
keptinthedarkfans

BriH wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Mr Negative strikes again!
Yes I would want to stop him no structure in place to take over for him this season. one more year would see that rectified with present youth.
Of course this is hypothetical but Sam can't go signed a 5 year extension because he dislikes it at Wigan that much with a 3 year gagging order his telepathy must me amazing if he is ready to sign a contract that has never been discused or seen. purely hypothetical tho
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

BriH wrote:
Yes I would want to stop him no structure in place to take over for him this season. one more year would see that rectified with present youth.
Of course this is hypothetical but Sam can't go signed a 5 year extension 12 months ago because he dislikes it at Wigan that much with a 3 year gagging order his telepathy must me amazing if he is ready to sign a contract that has never been discused or seen. purely hypothetical tho
Just had a quick glance at the Tomkins thread on the NZ Warriors forum and to points are obvious.

Firstly, it is a straight 2 year deal following which he will return to see out his Wigan contract.

Second and more tellingly, their fans are not exactly jumping for joy at the prospect of his arrival. They don't feel another full back is a priority, especially if Locke feels sufficiently sidelined to look for a move. They feel a the need if a prop and a half back should be addressed first. They see his fee and salary too much of a drain on resources. And they are not convinced he will take to the move particularly, as one poster pointed out, many Kiwis flee to Oz for the better climate and lifestyle.

So it's not all beer and skittles!