1st visit to dw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
llanelli scarlet warrior

Re: 1st visit to dw

Post by llanelli scarlet warrior »

AlanF wrote:
llanelli scarlet warrior wrote:Can get 2 nights there for £58 !!!!!!!!!!!!! happy days, just need confirmation of day game is on and tickets
I think your better off in the town centre one, it's literally 5 mins walk into town, and if you don't mind walking only 20mins to the ground. So you can have a beer and stroll back after the game. Hope you enjoy your visit. :)
that price is for the town centre one, bargain !!!
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

HI Martin
You really would be better staying at the Orrell premier inn as mentioned earlier ,as I can see the town centre one being full of King st. revellers and being very noisy .One of the reasons it was built where it is ,is for the nightlife clientele.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

up the junction wrote:HI Martin
You really would be better staying at the Orrell premier inn as mentioned earlier ,as I can see the town centre one being full of King st. revellers and being very noisy .One of the reasons it was built where it is ,is for the nightlife clientele.
Ironic that its the old Police Station. Probably bring back memories for many of the clientèle! :lol:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

llanelli scarlet warrior wrote:
AlanF wrote:
llanelli scarlet warrior wrote:Can get 2 nights there for £58 !!!!!!!!!!!!! happy days, just need confirmation of day game is on and tickets
I think your better off in the town centre one, it's literally 5 mins walk into town, and if you don't mind walking only 20mins to the ground. So you can have a beer and stroll back after the game. Hope you enjoy your visit. :)
that price is for the town centre one, bargain !!!
Don't be put off about King Street as it only gets more rowdy in the evening and I suspect it is not much different than Llanelli town centre.

Enjoy your stay and the game.
CougarDeb

Post by CougarDeb »

I agree with WW though it can be busy at night, it's not worse than any other town really, but as it is a brand new Premier the rooms should be fairly well sound proofed. I've stayed in new Premiers (not Wigan obviously) and they have really nice comfy beds and facilities. Don't forget they have a Good Nights Sleep guarantee, so you can get your money back if disturbed. Why knock the place before its even open.
No Money.... No Honey
llanelli scarlet warrior

anyone know when date is being confirmed, Saturday or sunday ???
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

CougarDeb wrote:I agree with WW though it can be busy at night, it's not worse than any other town really, but as it is a brand new Premier the rooms should be fairly well sound proofed. I've stayed in new Premiers (not Wigan obviously) and they have really nice comfy beds and facilities. Don't forget the have a Good Nights Sleep guarante, so you can get your money back if disturbed. Why knock the place before its even open.
Exactly, and they must be good as even Lenny Henry stays in them.

A more up market version of Travelodge.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Not another Welsh person bloody hell we are taking over.

Not sure if you know but you can get a family pack ticket for a game which is cheaper than individual tickets you buy. Generally i go for the East stand which is slightly cheaper than the ones in the West. Ask for ones around the 30 meter area.

You have to phone up for them and you can ask for them for collection, posted.
llanelli scarlet warrior

thegimble wrote:Not another Welsh person bloody hell we are taking over.

Not sure if you know but you can get a family pack ticket for a game which is cheaper than individual tickets you buy. Generally i go for the East stand which is slightly cheaper than the ones in the West. Ask for ones around the 30 meter area.

:D :D is the east stand reserved seating
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

llanelli scarlet warrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:Not another Welsh person bloody hell we are taking over.

:D :D is the east stand reserved seating
If you order them then you will get reserved seating.