Bryan Fletcher

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Bryan Fletcher

Post by mrs_carney »

have you never seen fielden play?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

ChrisA posted:
pedro posted:
I think our biggest problem we have had in years is technique. Apart from farrell the only forward who has run his weight is O'Connor the rest do not and that also is the problem. If Seu Seu run his weight it may be different. Which is a combination of size and strength :)
lol thats my whole point, im not saying size on its own counts for everything, if you combine it with strength and aggresion and mobilty, that will make a better forward than the same but in a guy 2 stone lighter.
I mean look at Wayne Mcdonald the guys huge, but I would take Jamie thackary who is tiny in comparison over him any day, like I say there are exceptions to the rule as in everything in life.
Now if you could put Thackrays aggresion and running style into Mcdonald, now that would be a scary player, and he would still be at Leeds.

But anyway, I think recently Seuseu has been running alot harder than he did at first, he is trying hard I feel, its mainly the back rowers who are to lightweight, they dont bust any tackles outwide and back ther props up enough when it comes to making the hard yards.
STOP CHANGING YOUR POINT !!!! now your talking about strength !!!!!! i said weight !!!! not strength !!! :eusa17:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

x Wigan Warrior x posted:
ChrisA posted:
Weight and speed !!! Props are not as old. Why have a slow lumbering heavy weight, when a quicker light heavy weight will do ? After all in the beginning a props weight was essential for a scrum ……… hardly need that now do we ?
what sort of question is that ?
So youre telling me that Paul Anderson, Joe Vagana, O'connor or Craig Smith are no better for their size than say a 15 stone prop, dont talk garbage. Size is everything as long as they are mobile and fit, it takes so much energy bringing down an 18 stone guy compared to sombody like Cassidy for 80 minutes. It just tires teams out like it did to us against bradford at home, we where just dead on our feet.

Its obvious that a heavier guy will make more yards in the collisons than a lighter guy.
Sorry but I just cant see the logic in your post.
ive never seen a prop last 80 mins...... !!!! have u ?
My point from that which you would have got had you read it properly is, that bringing down a pack that is alot bigger man for man than yours, is that it takes alot more ouf of you physically, Example the Braford game that I mentioned.

I never mentiond a prop playing 80 minutes did I ? a handy hint for you, read it properly then post.
pedro

Post by pedro »

sorry seemed to have gone off on a tangent there.

Fletcher all the way.

By the way who would you have Webcke or Vagana? :)
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

ChrisA posted:
pedro posted:
I think our biggest problem we have had in years is technique. Apart from farrell the only forward who has run his weight is O'Connor the rest do not and that also is the problem. If Seu Seu run his weight it may be different. Which is a combination of size and strength :)
lol thats my whole point, im not saying size on its own counts for everything, if you combine it with strength and aggresion and mobilty, that will make a better forward than the same but in a guy 2 stone lighter.
I mean look at Wayne Mcdonald the guys huge, but I would take Jamie thackary who is tiny in comparison over him any day, like I say there are exceptions to the rule as in everything in life.
Now if you could put Thackrays aggresion and running style into Mcdonald, now that would be a scary player, and he would still be at Leeds.

But anyway, I think recently Seuseu has been running alot harder than he did at first, he is trying hard I feel, its mainly the back rowers who are to lightweight, they dont bust any tackles outwide and back ther props up enough when it comes to making the hard yards.
STOP CHANGING YOUR POINT !!!! now your talking about strength !!!!!! i said weight !!!! not strength !!! :eusa17:
Look they train 5 or 6 days a week, obviously they are all strong, i never really felt the need to say that in my orignal posts, I thought it went without saying, as it didnt do i added it to my last post about it. My god some people are hard work on here.
x Wigan Warrior x

u never played the game i guess ????
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

u never played the game i guess ????
Yes I have
pedro

Post by pedro »

I played 2 amateur tests against australia i'll have you know when i was 18 :angry:
x Wigan Warrior x

And some people seem to forget we are debating on here, not dictating.... every one has an opinion mate ! :D
pedro

Post by pedro »

:D i know...i was at first then got shouted at :(