Re: Lenegan not happy with Thornley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

hahahah that's true :lol: :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I have no problem with Thornley looking after himself but equally I have no problem with IL giving his honest opinion!!
Oh come on TBW. IL's "opinions" are a PR exercise.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I have no problem with Thornley looking after himself but equally I have no problem with IL giving his honest opinion!!
WOW!! DaveO

Isn't this forum all about "opinions"????

Thornley was a mediocre player not worthy of all this bitter hand-wringing now he has gone (again!!!!!)

As all ready speculated on, Wigan paid a hefty chunk for his return to league and his return was about one seasons worth of action out of three due to injury.

Now if the player has no loyalty (and remember this is not the first time he has walked from the club), and is looking to ensure his long term future due to possible doubts concerning his long term fitness who can blame Wigan not throwing massive chunks of the cap at him or him making what he can when a rival team offers more than we want to?

Good luck to the lad. But lets hope Wigan now move for a player with far more ability and talent to work his way into the first team than the one who has walked from this club twice
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
I agree he probably was still feeding the media however it sounded from me that he was honestly quite angry at Thornley hence his honest opinion!! I don't have a problem with Thornley looking after himself, we all would to a certain extent, likewise I don't have a problem with IL, PR exercise or not!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sick of player leaving the club after not repaying the time that was put into them just so they can get more more money, and all of a sudden our fans seem to think it's ok to do so, often trotting out the usual it's a short career excuse or i don't blame him he's got a young family, sorry but i see it as players pissing on the club and fans, yes i'm happy Thornleys gone as i thought he was not upto standard and an injury risk but at the same time think he should have at least stayed one more season to repay that time and effort put in by the staff and club, sorry but i don't wish any of these players good look, specialy those who have stolen a living for nearly 2 seasons :angry:
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

It's a job now,gone are the days of being starry eyed and playufor a tanner and an orange at half time,the rise of agents has seen to that.

The main point for me is IL should have kept his trap shut,it was a pretty and petulant way to send an employee on his way,have those thoughts in private for sure but in public chairman should keep the gobs closed,but maybe the silver fox is enjoying the limelight a little at the moment?
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

gruffy wrote:It's a job now,gone are the days of being starry eyed and playufor a tanner and an orange at half time,the rise of agents has seen to that.

The main point for me is IL should have kept his trap shut,it was a pretty and petulant way to send an employee on his way,have those thoughts in private for sure but in public chairman should keep the gobs closed,but maybe the silver fox is enjoying the limelight a little at the moment?
I don't understand what your saying. If a player goes for the money is it not ok for the chairman to say he is leaving for the money? Loyalty works both ways, Thornley has walked away from us TWICE. We should never have had him back after his failed RU stint.
Good luck Mr Thornley but also good riddance.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:Sick of player leaving the club after not repaying the time that was put into them just so they can get more more money, and all of a sudden our fans seem to think it's ok to do so, often trotting out the usual it's a short career excuse or i don't blame him he's got a young family, sorry but i see it as players pissing on the club and fans, yes i'm happy Thornleys gone as i thought he was not upto standard and an injury risk but at the same time think he should have at least stayed one more season to repay that time and effort put in by the staff and club, sorry but i don't wish any of these players good look, specialy those who have stolen a living for nearly 2 seasons :angry:
I don't want good players to leave the club but I am realistic enough to accept they won't stay if they are out of contract and a better one is on the table elsewhere.

Loyalty? The club won't exercise any if it gets the chance to sign a better player in a position.

In fact when it comes to loyalty the club is pretty poor at it with IL not being keen on testimonials for example.

If the club wants to keep players it has to match offers from other clubs, not hope because it looked after a player medically when he was injured he will stay for less or because it's Wigan.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Unfortunately you only have one version of events / circumstances. The opposite POV is actually that Thornley was not wanted at Wigan. One thing is for sure, long before the announcement he was being linked with various clubs in SL.

I just hope the players realises his considerable potential which at this point in his career he is some way of realising.

I do know this, I prefer Thornley at left centre and Gelling at right when Sarrge is not available.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Does loyalty really exist in sport?