Josh Charnley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: Josh Charnley

Post by thegimble »

Caboosegg wrote:
cpwigan wrote:You cannot walk in anywhere and say I was poor these last 12 months, so bad a younger employee was better than me BUT I want a pay rise!

Anybody care to try it this week?

no you cant,
but if you were asked to take a pay cut, would you?
i wouldn't.
I did had to or find full time job.

Charnley will have limited options if he wants to remain farming where he is. Leeds do not need him, Saints as well. Only leaves Salford, Wire or Sale.

Basically if he wants more he will get a lot less in the end.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:He put on twitter that he is a "full time farmer" "part time rugby player" Seeing that he has a full time contract with Wigan RLFC I'm not surprised the club are approaching the matter the way they have.

Such a talented lad, pity!
Charnley is not the only player to have other interests besides Rugby and I think you will find that his comment was a bit of tongue in cheek as from what I know, he only is on the farm part time outside training.
Ryan Hall has numerous Businesses.

I am sure a couple of our players were sponsored to study at UCLAN also?

I think a lot of people on here will be shocked at how little time out of the day is spent training. The players have a lot of time to do their own thing, obviously it shouldn't impact their Rugby.

With Josh it looks like his Diet and attitude are wrong.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Caboosegg wrote:
cpwigan wrote:You cannot walk in anywhere and say I was poor these last 12 months, so bad a younger employee was better than me BUT I want a pay rise!

no you cant,
i wouldn't.
12 months ago the place I worked at were asked do you want to take a pay cut and safeguard jobs or take a pay rise and lose jobs. The vote was a pay cut.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:

no you cant,
i wouldn't.
12 months ago the place I worked at were asked do you want to take a pay cut and safeguard jobs or take a pay rise and lose jobs. The vote was a pay cut.
And a side note to all that it was a drop in wage and technically a demotion through the company and for 6 months my boss excepted me to do the same job.

Well one thing for sure when I lose the plot I make Shaun Wane tremble in fear. Was madder than him when Giants scored.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

thegimble wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:Where can we see players contract length?
Pay Eric Pollard from Emmerdale to go with you to the DW and pretend he is IL and have a sneaky peak.
You don't have to pay him,he,s a regular .Iveseen him a couple of times,he likes RL.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:

no you cant,
i wouldn't.
I thought you were a teacher so how does that work?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
no you cant,
i wouldn't.
I thought you were a teacher so how does that work?
Very simple Dave. It was an Independent School; the staff were given a choice, reduce wages or redundancies. Reducing wages was the vote. 2015 same alternative, and the vote was redundancies as people rightly cannot accept reducing wages year on year.
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

Can you guys who live in Wigan tell me if there is any news about Josh and whether he will be part of the team next year?
Must say I do tend to see red a bit when we are asked to get our season tickets asap yet the club don't think it necessary to tell us who will be in the first team next season. What with the long period of no home games, one 'home' game being shifted to London, a clash of commitments for me re Thursday night games, some seemingly strange decisions re players and a lack of info from the club in general plus a few other niggles I'm really giving serious thought to not bothering with a season ticket next year. Will always follow Wigan no matter what but, after more years than I can remember, I'm getting a bit tired of the admin side of things
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

The Club has assured fans that the membership pack, complete with car sticker, will now have an added refinement of a crystal ball if you are prepared to pay for postage.
Hope this helps?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

Wandering Warrior wrote:The Club has assured fans that the membership pack, complete with car sticker, will now have an added refinement of a crystal ball if you are prepared to pay for postage.
Hope this helps?
Brilliant. Many thanks. Needn't worry any more now.