Joel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Joel

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Am I right in thinking cp that Joel is arguably the fittest and strongest at the club naturally?
The full 80 was freakish. Maybe the adrenalin of first game back helped but it is amazing.

I presume he is not far off albeit Union, age and injury make it even harder. I think Faz is generally the one most often quoted as the fittest. LONG time ago but the irony / lesson for any youngster is that Faz was by all accounts the fat chubby kid at primary.

Ordinarily I would have Joel in my starting 13 but events have seen him IMO behind Faz and Batemaan now. His return is perfect though as I anticipate Lokers staying at HB for several week leavingJ oel, Faz and Bateman as the back 3. I presume Bateman at LF with Burke coming off the bench.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

JUKESAYS wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Am I right in thinking cp that Joel is arguably the fittest and strongest at the club naturally?
My money would be on Farrell
But I'd guess that Joel wouldn't be far off

He was blowing a bit 2nd half but came strong last 10mins.
He's a big unit and to me that also brings something to the team slightly different than faz and Bateman.
Not saying he's better etc just saying different and for me I want all players fit, available for selection and chomping at the bit to play.
Joel does frustrate at times, a bit like Gelling, but their positives far outweigh their negatives IMO.
Strongest I would suggest Lockers and fittest Bateman.
Joel needs to get the penalty head out of his mentality, could have been costly in a closer fought game.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:Fantastic to play the full 80.
He did but we didn't have much choice with Flower being injured

Good first match effort from him.

Like others have all ready stated needs to sort his discipline out and if he has gotten over last seasons mysterious injury that made him utter gash for 99% of the time then I will give him credit where it is due.

Let's see how he performs against Hull KR on Monday
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!