Smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Smith

Post by ddtftf »

:wink:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
cpwigan wrote: :lol: Trust me it is not!!
I don't understand, Rads opinion of Matty isn't all positive? I was there when Rads said it along with quite a few respected supporters of the club
I do not care what you and several other 'respected' (Aren't all supporters respected) were possibly told I can only tell you 100% it is not the truth. Not you fault but maybe you were told what Wigan RLFC wanted you to hear.
So has "Rads" told you something different in your "one to ones", that you are so adamant that you know the "truth" regarding Rads real opinions on Matty Smith?? I'm
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

markill wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:All the criticism aimed at mainly smith is a joke. People forget players like lockers are becoming weak link simply because why the hell is he kicking on 3rd tackle when close to try line... Infact why the hell are we kicking early near line. This is our downfall and that is something you cant blame wane. Plus why did we take the 2 just after half time? I hate decisions like this.
We're doing it because our game is lateral and slow. We can't make breaks because don't attack the line with the ball or run well off the ball. So we look at a set defence and think of we can't go through them let's try a kick behind them. It's working sometimes too, not enough for how much we're trying it, but more than the static sideways passing game is. It's a symptom of our attacking structure being poor.

Completely agree re. the 2. We had them on the back foot and had a lead. There was ages left in the game, the 2 wouldn't be significant if one of hulls offloads led to a try, or we made a mistake in defence. We did both and lost.
We are lateral and slow due to various things. Forwards are not dominating any packs as it is not allowed to. No half can play behind a beaten pack. We are slow as well as both centres are not good enough. Gildart and Sarge are not top SL quality. Gildart could be but is not at this moment.

Lockers is done for time to retire or go full time prop he is a lot worse than Smith but like so many now they can do nothing wrong.

Bateman is borderline world class now he should be 13 and running the game. By far the best player in SL and could be a real leader if he is given the chance.

The tactic of moving the ball wide when we have not done any yardage forward is a joke. Sides sit slide and cover its simple. Our try scoring ratio this season per game is shocking and that is coaching. We have decent players who in 2013 with Smith was great going forward. Something happened after the Sydney WC challenge and we have gone backwards each season. We are now the worse side in the top 8 for tries scored.

Smith is a scapegoat and has been for a while for a coach who has no idea or does not have the intelligence to realise this does not work we need to change. That is where the fault lies.

We might as well not have wingers they never get the ball in space due to the tactic of going sideways before we even create space.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I am sure what someone says in public is not always what they think in private

That being the case no one for sure can actually claim they know exactly what Radders thinks of a particular player unless (off the record) he has told them.

We can assume though, that an ex-player has an opinion on someone that doesn't "fit well" with a certain players constant and continual selection irrespective of individual personal form or team performance.

To ignore the blatantly, obvious makes said person either ignorantly stupid or so blind to the truth that when Rome burns then Nero truly WILL be fiddling away :roll:

Btw I have talked to ex-players and their opinions on some players in SL are less than complimentary
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:Replace him with Sam Tomkins and bring in Morgan Escare at Fullback
Get Hardaker best SL fb last season and Leeds want rid for a fee.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote:
medlocke wrote:Replace him with Sam Tomkins and bring in Morgan Escare at Fullback
Get Hardaker best SL fb last season and Leeds want rid for a fee.
No, he is a one season wonder and a nasty scumbag to boot
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Josie's friend wrote: I don't understand, Rads opinion of Matty isn't all positive? I was there when Rads said it along with quite a few respected supporters of the club
I do not care what you and several other 'respected' (Aren't all supporters respected) were possibly told I can only tell you 100% it is not the truth. Not you fault but maybe you were told what Wigan RLFC wanted you to hear.
So has "Rads" told you something different in your "one to ones", that you are so adamant that you know the "truth" regarding Rads real opinions on Matty Smith?? I'm
Never been told anything by anyone. :eusa18:

Everybody tell WW that anything I say is totally made up :roll:
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

cpwigan wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote: I do not care what you and several other 'respected' (Aren't all supporters respected) were possibly told I can only tell you 100% it is not the truth. Not you fault but maybe you were told what Wigan RLFC wanted you to hear.
Never been told anything by anyone. :eusa18:

Everybody tell WW that anything I say is totally made up :roll:
So why imply Rads told you something different when the truth for some people is a txt away. People need to learn the difference between fact and opinion or whatever shit Tommy makinson said to shut someone up from bothering them.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ddtftf wrote:When this many people are complaining about Smith it shows that something is wrong with the guy, most of the people on the site have a good knowledge of past players they have seen in Smiths position and realize that no creativity is coming from him. It is a key position on the field and most points of attack come from the halfbacks, so i would advise you to watch a few NRL halfbacks and then make a judgment. :wink:
Spot on d with the above. We all have templates of players in certain positions and for me Greg was the best no. 7 I've seen in a Wigan shirt. Smith does his best and looked to be improving on his kicking this year but the two misses last night were crucial on the score and that will be his epitaph so far this season in my eyes.
He has never shown a desire to grab a game by the throat and take control, probably because he unfortunately knows his own limitations?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

4 Generations wrote: Thinking out loud my lad said Jacob miller,whos a decent enough player.I ment Joe Mellor.My lad thought it was funny,hes a Latics fan.
4G
Shame on you for such disgraceful parenting. ????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.