Positive thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
SJ

Re: Positive thread

Post by SJ »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Just be cos the stan dud has dropped in Sooper Leeg dus knot meen peapull av lost there luv fert game# :wink:
That's easy for you to say WW. You must be fluent in Wiganese like Kittwazer Love the Wiggin accent. As we've moved onto Booze"( the reason I like the "Hound) I started on Cider. Horrible stuff but drunk by the gallon down here. However from travelling to exotic climes eg New Brighton and SeaScale I have a penchant for cheap Wine and Jamaican Rum - deadly combo but it probably explains my bad spelling. Morley I'm a little worse than short sighted. I'm registered partly sighted but I can see perfectly directly to my front. Nice topic booze allows you to be civil to Wandering Warrior. :lol: only kidding WW
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

SJ wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Just be cos the stan dud has dropped in Sooper Leeg dus knot meen peapull av lost there luv fert game# :wink:
That's easy for you to say WW. You must be fluent in Wiganese like Kittwazer Love the Wiggin accent. As we've moved onto Booze"( the reason I like the "Hound) I started on Cider. Horrible stuff but drunk by the gallon down here. However from travelling to exotic climes eg New Brighton and SeaScale I have a penchant for cheap Wine and Jamaican Rum - deadly combo but it probably explains my bad spelling. Morley I'm a little worse than short sighted. I'm registered partly sighted but I can see perfectly directly to my front. Nice topic booze allows you to be civil to Wandering Warrior. :lol: only kidding WW
That awreet, SJ, tho if tha thinks New Brightun un Seascales ur exotic, tha mun try Morley. Ah've lived ere var near 50 year, un ah still can't gerrum't talk proper or support a daysunt team.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

morley pie eater wrote:
moto748 wrote:One of the most enjoyable things about my regular trips to Wigan (in fact, on current team form, make that *the* most enjoyable thing!) is the dizzyingly wide selection of beers available in the local pubs! :)
We'll be staying over at The Brocket Arms on Friday, Moto. Any suggestions for a good pint - esp in that area or between there & the DW? Celebrate the victory???
Well, it's not really for me to say; the forum is full of Wigan folk who know every pub, and I live 200 miles away, so certainly don't claim to be any expert! :)

The Brocket Arms is a tidy trot out of town (on foot) isn't it? I know there's Docs Symposium (by the park, you'd pass it walking into town), and the John Bull Chophouse and Wigan Central that I know, under the arches by the railways station (en route to the DW on foot).

I'm sure other posters can give more and better advice than me!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

SJ wrote:
However from travelling to exotic climes eg New Brighton and SeaScale I have a penchant for cheap Wine and Jamaican Rum...

The radiation explains a lot... :lol:
morley pie eater

moto748 wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:
moto748 wrote:One of the most enjoyable things about my regular trips to Wigan (in fact, on current team form, make that *the* most enjoyable thing!) is the dizzyingly wide selection of beers available in the local pubs! :)
We'll be staying over at The Brocket Arms on Friday, Moto. Any suggestions for a good pint - esp in that area or between there & the DW? Celebrate the victory???
Well, it's not really for me to say; the forum is full of Wigan folk who know every pub, and I live 200 miles away, so certainly don't claim to be any expert! :)

The Brocket Arms is a tidy trot out of town (on foot) isn't it? I know there's Docs Symposium (by the park, you'd pass it walking into town), and the John Bull Chophouse and Wigan Central that I know, under the arches by the railways station (en route to the DW on foot).

Thanks, we'll try 1 or 2 of them. I left Hindley when I was 15 so don't know pubs in the area at all.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

morley pie eater wrote:
moto748 wrote:
morley pie eater wrote: We'll be staying over at The Brocket Arms on Friday, Moto. Any suggestions for a good pint - esp in that area or between there & the DW? Celebrate the victory???

Thanks, we'll try 1 or 2 of them. I left Hindley when I was 15 so don't know pubs in the area at all.
Head into town and try the Raven (just down past moon under water). Good food and beer. :) Info from a Hindleyite!
pieaterinLeigh

Post by pieaterinLeigh »

I for one, and I'm sure I'm not alone applaud your positivity Morley.

This isn't me being short sighted, I agree there's lots of things that are clicking right now and we aren't hitting form at a time where that's crucial! But the reality is that major tactical and playing style changes just aren't practical to make and be effective at this stage, so it's all about the chemistry of the players on the park and tweaks to the strategy for the opposing team.

Will this be enough, I'm not completely sure. Is this a "classic" Wigan team? Probably not, but there's also alot there for any opposition to fear.

So until we are confirmed as not being able to reach the Grand Final, I will still go into every game thinking that we are going to win it! Winning ugly may not be ideal but ultimately winning the Grand Final is the end goal.

4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

At last a positive mood and thread.Great shout.
Being a bloke of a certain age myself and 101% wiganer.I use ta put wireless on Sundi neet fut carts[top ten].See wats numbr one.

My Top Ten for a laugh

10] Shaun wane singing- its now or never
9] Matty Smith singing- by by ile miss wigan pies
8] sam and joel singing-Brothers in arms
7] Ben Flower singing-The Boxer
6] Gelling singing-Man From Mars
5] Bateman singing-Mr Lover Man
4] Mcalorum singing-The wanderer
3] George Williams-I wish i was a little bit taller lord
2] Josh,Sarg,and maybe more singing-Show me the Money
1] Burgess singing-Green green grass of home

Hope that brings a chuckle or two a few days before our biggest game of the season so far.We will do the Sts i think...Just
As for Shaun Wane.Im the same age and proud to know the boy,lad,Man.Hes forgot more about rugby league than most know.Hes 125% wiganer.I sat across from shaun on a coach trip back from Wembley.He was injured and at the end of his playing days.Back when big Money started to sign players for Wigan.Shaun said he would play for wigan for nowt.I for one dont doubt it.The look in his eyes and passion for the game i see today.We are lucky to have Shaun Wane.

Pre match Team Song------IM SPARTICUS,we need some of that under the shirt again AND ON THE TERRACES.

4G

markill

Post by markill »

10 years ago we were in the relegation places. Now, we're still in a chance of two of the three trophies, after losing a close semi final the other. We're not playing great but we've had some great wins this year - good Friday, Magic, both home games v Wakefield for different reasons. We can still be positive despite also being realistic that the team haven't attacked great. There's still time to turn that around. A win against Saints will do wonders.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
morley pie eater

Cheered me up no end when I checked the thread this morning. HiLiving in Yorkshire I'm used to dealing with miserable folk (like the Yorkie whose mate asked him if he'd enjoyed watching Peter Kaye. "He were alright I suppose - if yer like laughing!")

Thanks Fujiman, we'll give The Raven a go. Good to get advice from a fellow 'Indli mon.
Pie Eater in lobby land: cheers for the positivity.

4G - brilliant! I'll be thinking of my top ten all day!

Markill, balanced and well-reasoned as always.

I'm looking forward to Friday's match more than ever thanks to a bit of positive thinking. Well done one and all.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐