Charnley to return in a season

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Charnley to return in a season

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:As you say it's hypothetical. My point is that he will be missed this season and that will be from February.
Whatever selection would be the best we will never know, but for the record I thought Charnley had a great season last year.
Me too ????????⚪????
But was that only because he'd put himself in the shop window?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

And why not? Even though his future was sorted early on last season.
Charnley is not just a try scoring winger, his defence is pretty good too generally.
Of the players that have left he's the biggest loss IMO.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The season JB and DM were ahead of JC was because JC was in poor form, more than the other 2 being better than him in my opinion. On their day they are all outstanding wingers but I doubt DM and JB have played as consistently well as JC did last season, especially at the business end, he was outstanding!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wandering Warrior wrote:As you say it's hypothetical. My point is that he will be missed this season and that will be from February.
Whatever selection would be the best we will never know, but for the record I thought Charnley had a great season last year.
I do agree with your points WW, it looks like doms injury will be more long term and therefore Josh would have been chosen before Lewis, and Josh did have a good season for us last season.
I'm pinning my hopes on dom making a good recovery and I think Budgie will be strong for us, he's a flyer.
My point was that I don't see Josh being such a massive miss pending dom and Budgie hitting form, as I think Josh would be 3rd choice winger in that case.
All valid points from both sides.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Charnley " not happy " but doesn`t mean he will be back in the near future :huh2: mmmm
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Would solve problem if Williams was to leave Sam to 6 budgie,Dom and Charnley 1, 2 and 5 plenty pace in that back line.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

lucky 13 wrote:Would solve problem if Williams was to leave Sam to 6 budgie,Dom and Charnley 1, 2 and 5 plenty pace in that back line.
Am I reading this right? Your saying IF Williams leaves and IF Charnley returns we will have a good back three. I guess Escare hasn't had his contract extended in this IF scenario.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

The booze hound wrote:
lucky 13 wrote:Would solve problem if Williams was to leave Sam to 6 budgie,Dom and Charnley 1, 2 and 5 plenty pace in that back line.
Am I reading this right? Your saying IF Williams leaves and IF Charnley returns we will have a good back three. I guess Escare hasn't had his contract extended in this IF scenario.
Yes you are reading it right most things on the rumour mill are IFs? That is a speculative scenario and is widely what this whole forum section is based on.
Based further on speculation.........
I hope Morgan does great and cements his place at Wigan, IF so we won't need Charnley back.
I also imagine it's a when rather than a IF with Williams, though I hope I'm wrong.
I imagine IF any of the scenarios above happen that Tomkins may end up at 6 for Wigan at some point?
I do understand that's a big IF but not a ridiculous post on a rumour thread?..... about a player who's left and played what three games!!
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

lucky 13 wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
Yes you are reading it right most things on the rumour mill are IFs? That is a speculative scenario and is widely what this whole forum section is based on.
Based further on speculation.........
I hope Morgan does great and cements his place at Wigan, IF so we won't need Charnley back.
I also imagine it's a when rather than a IF with Williams, though I hope I'm wrong.
I imagine IF any of the scenarios above happen that Tomkins may end up at 6 for Wigan at some point?
I do understand that's a big IF but not a ridiculous post on a rumour thread?..... about a player who's left and played what three games!!
I am not having a dig, but there is a big difference between rumour and hypothetical.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Maybe Josh will retire from RU and come back to the promised land!????
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards