70 - 0

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

Re: 70 - 0

Post by waterside glens »

mike binder posted:
carney had no cetre for a change dont blame him :angry:
when keith senior can outrun carney questions have to be asked. since he came back he has been very disapointing. he,s one of the guys who should be bringing the youngsters confidence and support but imo he has done nothing.only botham and goodwin looked like they deserved to be on the same pitch as leeds
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i couldn,t watch the rerun this morning [to painful] but can anybody tell me how many times we
1 completed our six
2 crossed the halfway line
3 time spent in leeds half during the second half
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

0 does that answer your ??
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
SiY

Post by SiY »

I think its fair to say...write the season off for top 6 finish (with perfromances like that come on). But not the season. They played as if they have never played rugby before (like men after going to the pub on a saturday night and playing sunday). I feel sorry for bryan Fletcher and Pat Richards who have signed for us i bet they are kicking themselves.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

scully looked like hed been on the beer till 3 in the morning ,i think he will be next to go.He was knackerd after 2 mins. :eh:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I don't think we have got a lot of bad players out there. We should not have been beaten by that margin, we should not have lost every game we have lost this season. We've thrown games away when we've looked fully in control. Inexperience and low confidence I blame.

There are few problems but blaming it on poor quality players is a unfair. Look at the last lot of academy players to come through. Players like O'Loughlin, Tickle and Hock, they benefitted from playing with forwards like Farrell, Smith, O'Connor and Cassidy. The current crop are playing alongside... Tickle (that's as experienced as it gets). They aren't able to develop as well being thrown in at the deep end. How do they learn other than from their own mistakes? There's very few to teach them.

We let go far too much experience last season, this season we've suffered so many injuries. If you listened to Leeds starting line-up yesterday... how many of the starting 13 had shirt numbers above 13? Compare that to us and you see what injuries has done to our team.

Then we've brought in players to replace our departed and our injuries and they don't settle and gel together immediately as the pull on the cherry and white, it takes time. Same with players back from injury, like Carney, he had a terrible season for injuries last year (although a good tri-nations) but it's taking him time this season. Similar to Hodgson who is playing well for Salford now!

Even next season if we get all the players we need for a decent team on paper I think it will take atleast a season more for these massive changes to take any effect. Players need to learn to play together. However, after that, assuming recruitment continues as it is, the younger players should pull through one by one and the future will look a lot brighter. A lot Cherry and Whiter!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mike binder posted:
scully looked like hed been on the beer till 3 in the morning ,i think he will be next to go.He was knackerd after 2 mins. :eh:
He had a good couple of games before he was suspended. He's the best prop we've got this season!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mike binder posted:
:( we will not lose against leigh and for now because i thought we would win today i have to go on strike i know when we beat sts i will be back come on we were bad 2day can i swear :doz:
I agree but we need to save as many players as possible for the Leigh match we win we will go 6 effectivly seven points ahead of Widnes. That is the likely scenario.

We Need Orr, DV, Rads back asap. Most of all we need to get as many fit for Leigh and if that means resting players for next week so be it. We wont win the cup and survival is more important.

All SL games are more important then any CC games.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

robjoenz posted:
mike binder posted:
He had a good couple of games before he was suspended. He's the best prop we've got this season!
did he look un fit yeserday as if hed been on beer all night????? :angry:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mike binder posted:
robjoenz posted:
mike binder posted:
did he look un fit yeserday as if hed been on beer all night????? :angry:
Did anyone look fit? He made a couple of average runs, I thought Seuseu was worse and Guisset didn't do much better.