bentham is a disgace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: bentham is a disgace

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

MrDave wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Sam's biggest mistake was not kicking when he tried to pass and Hall interecepted. Still would not swap him though.
Personally I thought Sam's biggest mistakes was not milking the penalties the same way the Leeds players did. Sam was taken out after a kick and hit in the head often enough but got on with the game rather than rolling around on the ground like the Leeds players.

Not that I condone it but unfortunately the game is turning into who can con the referee for 80 minutes.
The day we adopt Leeds tactic's and Sinfields whinging is the day we need to think again .

At present IMO we are as good as anyone we need to start to BELIEVE this
2002 and EW is hooked
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:None of the penalties we conceded in the last ten minutes were wrong refereeing decisions. Blaming the ref is a weakness. The ref didn't miss the tackle, Gleeson did and so did Pat (although that's harsh) but if Prescott hadn't given the penalty away and Sam not kicked poorly we would have won the game. Tat's nothing to do with Bentham.If Roberts had claimed the ball or just wellied it up field we would have won. That wasn't Bentham was it?
You honestly think those were penalties. We are talking what seconds and if we start saying yes they are then were do we stop? How many penalties do you want? How many could be given? Remember a couple of seasons back when a referee threw common sense out of the window and awarded 40+ penalties and then Cummings and co had to backtrack.

Conditions were difficult, players were exhausted, a huge game. You have to apply common sense and understand what the players are going through. Did you watch Origin 1. Imagine that game refereed by a SL ref. It would have been ridiculous.

You award penalties in the last 10 minutes then you need to be damn sure they are penalties. Any doubt keep the whistle away from your mouth.
the refereeing in Aus is far superior to the idiots we have.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Linzi wrote:
cpwigan wrote:1 penalty every 2+ minutes is simply not good for RL
Poor discipline from both sides then...

sorry LInzi no it was very very poor reffing ,his bias towards leeds was the worst i have ever seen ,and the commentaters on the tv were eveen more biased towards leeds ,i hope i never haer r see Kear any more hes such a disgrace.

Get the ash back now ,get rid of the dick cummings anf put Klien in charge
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

bentman showed he had no balls ,any 1 else but the england captain he would of walked yellow card at least prob more like red,wat makes it worse from the kick to the head ,the guy who replaced joel get sent to the bin for not being able to defie the laws of gravity

can some 1 tell me the last time some 1 was sinbined or sent off in a big game against wigan ie challenge cup play off match or against leeds sts or wire,i just cant remembering it happenning.

we have had 2 sin bins this season that were never sin bins yesterdays and roberts in the sts game early on in the season.

cumming you are a disgrace plz do the right thing and walk or demote 1 of your top refs for a disgraceful biased performance
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

As i posted before being an England player saved Peacock had it been an Aus. NZ. or any other player he was gone and his attitude after it was a disgrace .
2002 and EW is hooked
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

didn't Daniel Anderson get a certain ref banned from refing Saints games a few year back or have i got confused, if so, surely the club could make the same demands againts Bentham
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:
sudokuwarrior wrote: straw, you are begining to sound like you are related to Bentham. If this is not the case then why make it give people that impression!!!!!!!
I am not related to Bentham it's just because I don't believe that he cost us the game. It was ours to hold onto and we weren't professional enough in the last ten minutes to do it. I'll bet that is 100% Maguires take on it. Don't blame the referee for our poor execution. It's a sign of mental weakness.
Nobody was mentally tougher than Wally Lewis, Alex Murphy. I could go on. You are trotting out the modern textbook answer Straw and the one coaches use for the media.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

medlocke wrote:didn't Daniel Anderson get a certain ref banned from refing Saints games a few year back or have i got confused, if so, surely the club could make the same demands againts Bentham
You are right, a St Helens coach (not sure if it was Anderson) made a complaint against a referee and said he should not referee any match involving St Helens and...for the rest of the season that referee did not referee St Helens again.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

MrDave wrote:
medlocke wrote:didn't Daniel Anderson get a certain ref banned from refing Saints games a few year back or have i got confused, if so, surely the club could make the same demands againts Bentham
You are right, a St Helens coach (not sure if it was Anderson) made a complaint against a referee and said he should not referee any match involving St Helens and...for the rest of the season that referee did not referee St Helens again.
if wigan requested that we would get 4 pts deducted ,and with teams working on a shoe string can some 1 tell me how leeds fit a player like smith under there cap mid season

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

mike binder wrote:
MrDave wrote:
if wigan requested that we would get 4 pts deducted ,and with teams working on a shoe string can some 1 tell me how leeds fit a player like smith under there cap mid season
Particulary given leeds were quoted as saying they could not recall Ben Jones Bishop from Quins due to the salary cap JUST before signing Smith.

Wigan tried to be honest and got pinned, we would have done far better adopting the Warrington double account books system. No doubt Lee Smith is receiving 2 payments also.