Wigan v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Re: Wigan v Leeds

Post by AdamMac »

Really good performance from the lads on Saturday, what a difference a week makes! All down to commitment and mental attitude for me which was sadly missing last week. I was in the sponsors suit last week and dudson came in pre match, he was asked the question how do you see the game going/score etc and his reply was ' well our u20's ran this team close last week so I think our 1st team will win well'. This isn't a knock on him by the way but it made me wonder after the match if this attitude went through the team going into the match?. Anyway enough said about that.

Great win against leeds and some impressive performances from the likes of Mossop, Mcilorum, Hock, Daz, Hughes and Josh.

Glad Mcilorum put in such a good shift, I'm often critical of his performance as I know he's got this game in him, so fair play! Great to see him commit defenders before releasing the ball, something he's been failing to do IMO. This was as near to the GF performance as I've seen from him.

Goulding showed us why waney has put faith in him at centre this year, some great tackles and good hands to get Josh away.

Hughes, very solid and a great effort in such a game, esp at centre.

Mossop, well if he doesn't replace the old guard in the england team then there is something wrong.

Josh, saw signs at Salford that I thought he's going to kick on this year and be a real game changer for us. Great effort and look like he's been practicing on taking the bombs aussie rules style.

Hock was a handful in attack and is going to be a real weapon for us on that left edge.

markill

Post by markill »

The kicking game was massively improved. this helped the forwards keep their performance level up, which gave the backs more time and made our set plays work a lot slicker and better than last week. More than this, the players just looked more enthused and up for the game. Outside backs were far more up for it.

We put right what was wrong and you cna't really ask for much more than that. It lead to a win too so happy days!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Kittwazzer wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:He is an absolute beast, comparable to the young Stuart Fielding IMO!
Was his sister the one time presenter of Blue Peter (Yvette)?
I have no idea but Blue Peter started in 1958. It was in tnight's pub quiz!
No it wasn't KW, be honest you knew that off the top of your head :lol:

On topic: (So I don't have to moderate myself, I'm a moderator now you know.... :eusa18: ) The big improvement was the desire to compete for everything.
Up The Mont!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TonyH wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
butt monkey wrote: Was his sister the one time presenter of Blue Peter (Yvette)?
I have no idea but Blue Peter started in 1958. It was in tnight's pub quiz!
It was and I did Tony. One of the few I knew last night. If Josie had turned up last night she'd have got it right as well. She cribs my answers! :lol:
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Kittwazzer wrote:
TonyH wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: I have no idea but Blue Peter started in 1958. It was in tnight's pub quiz!
It was and I did Tony. One of the few I knew last night. If Josie had turned up last night she'd have got it right as well. She cribs my answers! :lol:
Surely not someone as pure as Josie!? I was in the Millstone on Saturday night drinking cocktails (well, sludge in a jug) I would've been in no fit state to do a pub quiz had there been one in there! :craz:
Up The Mont!
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
wiganwarriordav​e​ wrote:Does anyone know what all the bouts of cramp were about towards the end? Was it just the cold weather, or did we have some nutrition / dehydration issues? Jack Hughes, Goulding and Hansen were all suffering at one point.
A little bit of professionalism esepcially in gouldings case who was up and about immediately
I'm not sure what you're saying? You think they were trying to slow the game down and catch a breather? Jack Hughes was repeatedly trying to stretch his own calf's out in back play, thus having no effect on the game. And Goulding (IIRC) got struck during a PTB (where speed would be to our advantage).
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wane on Wigan Win - video

Wane delighted to get off the mark with win over Leeds

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news

Watch his response regarding the Leeds try on 1.17secs - classic Wane :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Oh, and then at the end when asked if Mick Potter will be up for the game next Sunday :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

He doesn't seem to have much time for Wingers though. :wink:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09