Wigan TV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Wigan TV

Post by Owd Codger »

Should be part of a membership.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote:I think it needs to be simplified to use, every time i use it i have to request a new password as it never recognises the last one. There is no replays of the tries when it is shown the next day, and is sometimes hard to access the live shows unless you go through google for Wigan tv instead of a short cut.
You don't really need replay's on the highlights because you can just drag the slider back toward the start to do your own.

It would be nice if they did replays to save the hassle but they would have to pay an editor to edit the footage if they did that.

I do not have to ask for a new password each time so there is something amiss with your set up there and I just go to the Wigan web site and click the TV link to access so no problem there either.

I have watched it on my PC and iPad. I also have an Apple TV box and you can stream the footage via Apple AirPlay from the iPad to the Apple TV to watch on the telly. The Salford game is good enough quality to look great on a modern high def 1080p 42 inch TV.
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

hi,if i join wigan tv is there any way i can watch it on my tv instead of my pc,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

bobbyb wrote:hi,if i join wigan tv is there any way i can watch it on my tv instead of my pc,
Not directly as far as I am aware. If you have one of these modern smart tv's that may work.

Otherwise you need some sort of set top box connected to your TV than can send it video streamed from the Internet.

I use an Apple TV that will stream the video from my iPad wirelessly using the Apple AirPlay option but that is just Apple's convoluted way of doing things. There may be other similar devices that will stream directly from the Internet to your TV without the need of an iPad.

Depending on your TV if you have a laptop you should be able to connect to your TV and watch that way.
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

thank you for that i will get my son to give it a try.regards
harri875@aol.com

Post by harri875@aol.com »

no video for the Warrington game, just commentry, anyone else having problems?
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

Audio only for this game. No problems with audio for me. Losing 6-0.
harri875@aol.com

Post by harri875@aol.com »

Didn't realise it was commentary only, was it always that way or has the weather disrupted the video coverage.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

harri875@aol.co​m​ wrote:Didn't realise it was commentary only, was it always that way or has the weather disrupted the video coverage.
Always that way. Presumably because Warrington want the fans to go and watch live it being a testimonial.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its really rubbish, no information in advance and you need to go to Oxford Uni to get to the broadcast. They seem more interested on selling shirts etc. Even the broadcast went off at the beginning and i had to re-load it again, they should have done more trials before they offered it to fans.Its very poor commentary he talks staccato with gaps between the commentary.It also seems that Wigan can still NOT play the ball properly & repeatedly still get penalised.These a school boy mistakes.