Tom Briscoe Done Deal??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Aluaka

Re: Tom Briscoe Done Deal??

Post by Aluaka »

John Ferguson wrote:
Aluaka wrote:I also saw Eorl Crabtree walking into the ground .... I shouldn't read too much into it - I'm sure a few SL faces were at the DW on Thursday night!
He was in the press box doing radio commentary.
I thought he may be doing some media business.
John Ferguson

Post by John Ferguson »

So was Briscoe but it was Sean Briscoe I saw.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Briscoe is reportedly going to Cas!!

Source Mike Ford.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Was told tonight that Tom Briscoe is a done deal! But, Mr Lenegan is not going to announce it just yet!!!

Why??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:Was told tonight that Tom Briscoe is a done deal! But, Mr Lenegan is not going to announce it just yet!!!

Why??
Interesting you should post that. It seems to me on of those "I knew a couple of weeks ago but was told not to say anything" type of snippets

How come you've shared this one with us? You're discreet if asked!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Was told tonight that Tom Briscoe is a done deal! But, Mr Lenegan is not going to announce it just yet!!!

Why??
Interesting you should post that. It seems to me on of those "I knew a couple of weeks ago but was told not to say anything" type of snippets

How come you've shared this one with us? You're discreet if asked!
Was told tonight, & was surprised that this signing hadn't been released at the same time as the other two bits of "news" if it is supposed to be true. This would have been more of a sugar coated softener than the signing of Matty Bowen IMO

It's not from anyone I know BTW, just came from an acquaintance. I'm not saying its fact!

Thought maybe someone else may have had something more concrete :(
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Why??
In case we lose to Leeds?

I reckon it sticks out like a sore thumb that Bowen was announced at the same time as Sam's departure as the "good news" to counteract the "bad news" and also any further signings are being kept in "reserve". Hence none of the expected signings were announced at the same time.

By that I think any further signings will be kept in reserve to counter an exit v Leeds or will wait until after the GF as either another softener if we lose or just to add more to the feel good factor if we win.

It's all stage managed.

Hope your source is right about Briscoe and he is the kind of player we should be after. With all the cash we now have which must be about a million quid, I hope IL doesn't think Bowen and Briscoe would be sufficient and he can trouser the rest!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It wasn't a source per se, it was an acquaintance & it was said as an aside when we were discussing the 'announcement/s'.

How much truth there is in it is another matter.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:It wasn't a source per se, it was an acquaintance & it was said as an aside when we were discussing the 'announcement/s'.

How much truth there is in it is another matter.
Josie - just ask Rads when you next see him.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If we lose to Leeds it will be announced then otherwise after the GF. Remember though, our signings / departures only sign contracts at the last moment :roll: