Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fujiman

Re: Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Post by Fujiman »

ancientnloyal wrote:Image

I'd have Richie Mathers back
didn't this bloke get fired last night :D
PolarBob

Post by PolarBob »

MT Smart wrote:If we don't get Tomkins and you're not interested in 'The Count' we'd take Mini in a nano secound thanks.
No we wouldn't.

Rooster's fans on TheChookpen have been calling for his retirement for a while now.

He still has a fair bit to offer in an attack-minded team/comp with his support play, and being a total pro he sets a great example, but in the tight grind of the NRL he's just not the player he was.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Just had a quick glance at the Tomkins thread on the NZ Warriors forum and to points are obvious.

Firstly, it is a straight 2 year deal following which he will return to see out his Wigan contract.
So is that three seasons at Wigan or one season on his return?
Second and more tellingly, their fans are not exactly jumping for joy at the prospect of his arrival. They don't feel another full back is a priority, especially if Locke feels sufficiently sidelined to look for a move. They feel a the need if a prop and a half back should be addressed first. They see his fee and salary too much of a drain on resources. And they are not convinced he will take to the move particularly, as one poster pointed out, many Kiwis flee to Oz for the better climate and lifestyle.
Well Sam is used to the rain. It's not exactly as if he is moving from the South of France.

As to the NZW priorities it would be very interesting if they addressed the half back one with Sam at 6. If there are doubts over his defence at full back being up too it in the NRL that could be a very astute move IMO.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Just had a quick glance at the Tomkins thread on the NZ Warriors forum and to points are obvious.

Firstly, it is a straight 2 year deal following which he will return to see out his Wigan contract.
So is that three seasons at Wigan or one season on his return?
Second and more tellingly, their fans are not exactly jumping for joy at the prospect of his arrival. They don't feel another full back is a priority, especially if Locke feels sufficiently sidelined to look for a move. They feel a the need if a prop and a half back should be addressed first. They see his fee and salary too much of a drain on resources. And they are not convinced he will take to the move particularly, as one poster pointed out, many Kiwis flee to Oz for the better climate and lifestyle.
Well Sam is used to the rain. It's not exactly as if he is moving from the South of France.

As to the NZW priorities it would be very interesting if they addressed the half back one with Sam at 6. If there are doubts over his defence at full back being up too it in the NRL that could be a very astute move IMO.
They seem to think he has one year left on his Wigan contract so it will be interesting to see what happens in 2 years time.

Going off their comments, Locke has only stepped up his game in the last few weeks and Elliott seems to see Fish as a winger. Wonder if they know that Sam can play stand off! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Kittwazzer wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
BriH wrote:
So, if Sam want's to leave then how (or would you want to) stop him?
Of course, as usual, all this is hypothetical!
Yes I would want to stop him no structure in place to take over for him this season. one more year would see that rectified with present youth.
Of course this is hypothetical but Sam can't go signed a 5 year extension 12 months ago because he dislikes it at Wigan that much with a 3 year gagging order his telepathy must me amazing if he is ready to sign a contract that has never been discused or seen. purely hypothetical tho

So it's not all beer and skittles!
I honestly dont think NZ Warriors will use Sam as a full back. Was Dean Bell not involved with the initial signing of Sam to Wigan as a Half Back. Chances are when he re signs him Sam will possibly play at half back, and IMO, sadly something we have witnessed too little of at Wigan.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Kittwazzer wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:I'd take him in a flash. A model pro who could help develop Tierney (still not convinced about him) and / or Hampshire. He's been playing superbly in the ARL this year, and would be a standout player here.
But it was just a suggestion. Made by you. If this becomes true, I'd recommend you buy some Lottery tickets! :lol:
I did. Guess what, not a bloody number!!
I'm hearing it's a done deal on a two year contract. I watched him this morning for Roosters v Manly and he played very well again.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

No straw damn us wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:I'd take him in a flash. A model pro who could help develop Tierney (still not convinced about him) and / or Hampshire. He's been playing superbly in the ARL this year, and would be a standout player here.
But it was just a suggestion. Made by you. If this becomes true, I'd recommend you buy some Lottery tickets! :lol:
I did. Guess what, not a bloody number!!
I'm hearing it's a done deal on a two year contract. I watched him this morning for Roosters v Manly and he played very well again.
So I hear. This is weird. Really weird!
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

Miniciello always plays well , an off game is very rare.

I hope you have signed him.

Mosse Masoe is a great forward has he signed for wigan ?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

MT Smart wrote:Miniciello always plays well , an off game is very rare.

I hope you have signed him.

Mosse Masoe is a great forward has he signed for wigan ?
:o

No. St Helens!
tajhay

Post by tajhay »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Going off their comments, Locke has only stepped up his game in the last few weeks and Elliott seems to see Fish as a winger. Wonder if they know that Sam can play stand off! :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha we definately know he can play standoff ;)...although from comments from Dean Bell(or someone else in the hierarchy - sorry cant recall) Tomkins will be coming to NZ to play fullback. I do not know if that was one of Sam's conditions or not. With the amount of touches he gets on the ball, I personally would have preferred to have him at 5/8 and Locke at fullback. Locke is a great defensive fullback, and it is one area we on the forum are not fully convinced that Tomkins can match him in.
NZWarriors.com - Home of NZ Warriors Supporters