1st visit to dw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KaylaRobbo

Re: 1st visit to dw

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Each stand has it's own appeal really. It depends on what you are looking for on your trip.

If you really want to shake hands with the players & get pictures, autographs the like seeing as its a one-off then you need West stand tickets as someone said earlier.

They are the dearer one's and it's definitely the quietest stand (much to my annoyance) but that's where you are going to get the players as they are going off at the end of the game.

Unless that is you can get someone with influence to help you out with hospitality!?!?!

Otherwise me n my family are usually in the West Stand and go down to clap the lads off at the end so if that's where you end :sly: :lol:
llanelli scarlet warrior

Post by llanelli scarlet warrior »

whats the chances of my son being able to met josh charnley ??? he's his favourite, it's also my sons birthday .
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to meeting players (plus Josh is out injured at moment). If you are prepared to wait around after the game, you will catch most players coming out of the ground and not acting like football prima donnas
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
llanelli scarlet warrior

ok cheers.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not sure if they still do it but I think the club use to arrange presentations / photo shoots with non playing players pre match and half time. Contact the club; they can either say no or make a young boys dream day. Emphasise you are travelling specially from Wales and want to make his first live RL game special.
llanelli scarlet warrior

just booked premier inn west (mount) !!!!!!!!!!!!! just to get tickets tomorrow now
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

That's not far from the ground, & with easy access to the M6 junction 26 :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

llanelli scarlet warrior wrote:just booked premier inn west (mount) !!!!!!!!!!!!! just to get tickets tomorrow now
Good choice! :D
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

If you wanted to catch the players before the game, they usuall arrive about 90 minutes before kickoff. They use the carpark on the south east corner of the stadium. Everyone of them will stop for a photo.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Don't forget to take your son to Max's club before the match, he'll meet players there