Dudson to Salford

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Dudson to Salford

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Three matches for a tackle which has been no different than many committed on Wigan players over recent weeks, but not punished the same way by both Referees and Disciplinary Committee.
He was banned for one match for the same offence in April so he will have got a bigger ban this time due to that so unless the other players are in the same boat you can't compare.
My comment was not about what Dudson got, but about others players doing the same on Wigan players and no punishment given by the same so called inconsistent committee.
It's not inconsistent and I would thought it obvious why other players got different tariffs.

Unlike Dudson they won't have committed the same offence previously so will get a lesser ban for a first offence or will have been able to take an early guilty plea as markill pointed out - an option not available to Dudson.

If Dudson does another shoulder charge expect the maximum ban to be imposed while at the same time other players will be given a couple of matches.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote: He was banned for one match for the same offence in April so he will have got a bigger ban this time due to that so unless the other players are in the same boat you can't compare.
My comment was not about what Dudson got, but about others players doing the same on Wigan players and no punishment given by the same so called inconsistent committee.
It's not inconsistent and I would thought it obvious why other players got different tariffs.

Unlike Dudson they won't have committed the same offence previously so will get a lesser ban for a first offence or will have been able to take an early guilty plea as markill pointed out - an option not available to Dudson.

If Dudson does another shoulder charge expect the maximum ban to be imposed while at the same time other players will be given a couple of matches.
There have been many shoulder charges this season by many different players. Some players commiting more than 1 throughout the season that have been completely ignored, that is inconsistency!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
pedro

Post by pedro »

butt monkey wrote:
markill wrote:
butt monkey wrote: A big prop is Dudson but his work-rate and tackling have plenty to improve upon and I'm not sure going to Salford would ever see that happen. A career ender if this happens for Dudson. Lower leagues level for him when his (alleged) stint at Salford ends
Work rate may be an issue. 18 tackles per game is a little below what we get from likes of Flower and Mossop - only Pettybourne of our props is lower. 8 carries per game, only Sutton of props has had less. Fitness has seems a problem when he spends spells out of the side and in off-season so he doesn't maybe play the same minutes as others like Taylor and Flower.

His defence when he is playing is good though in terms of tackle success, 97% s far on the season. Thats in and around what we're getting from Taylor and Flower. Only 2 handling errors in 7 games is good too. I'm not ready to write him off but may suffer from younger guys coming up if we're trying to fit 6 first team props under the cap like we've needed to this year.
Stats are ok but if you look at his "lazy" tackles that cost penalties then I am sure he is one of the worst offenders for that
^^ this
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:The good news is Dudson's signed a contract extention.
The bad news is he's just copped a three match ban.
His attitude is poor and he is a banker for a penalty give away in every game.
Some players need an edge to their game but with Dudson it is a step too far.
You could add MM's name to your last comment.The way Williams is playing I'd say MM should join the list of players going to Salford Williams would make a far better Dummy Half tham MM,[rehaps not a better 'Dummy' though TBW :)
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

devon jim 1 wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
You could add MM's name to your last comment.The way Williams is playing I'd say MM should join the list of players going to Salford Williams would make a far better Dummy Half tham MM,[rehaps not a better 'Dummy' though TBW :)
Is this real?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

MM is not popular with Jim so take it with a pinch of salt Kaii!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:MM is not popular with Jim so take it with a pinch of salt Kaii!!
:lol:
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:MM is not popular with Jim so take it with a pinch of salt Kaii!!
Make that a bucket of salt Kaii :lol:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

devon jim 1 wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Is Micky Mac too physical a booker for your liking jim or is it that he is not a clever or fast enough player at scooting from dummy half.
With Mac and George both fit I think you would be pushed to find a much better hooker pairing.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
devon jim 1 wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: His attitude is poor and he is a banker for a penalty give away in every game.
Is Micky Mac too physical a booker for your liking jim or is it that he is not a clever or fast enough player at scooting from dummy half.
With Mac and George both fit I think you would be pushed to find a much better hooker pairing.
Micky & Sam Powell