Wane to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dontshootthemessenger

Re: Wane to go

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

Imo, we should have been able to win both the LLS and GF. Both Saints and Leeds were there for the taking , it wasnt the RL or their officials , we should have been able to take them out of the equation , just not good enough.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We would have won the shield with a better goal kicker. 26 pts over the season would have made all the difference.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DONTBELIEVEITRUGBYLEAGUEIT

Post by DONTBELIEVEITRUGBYLEAGUEIT »

Very harsh to call for Wane to go. The game could have gone either way, was a fantastic match.
Thought Bowen was fantastic also, shame it's his last game for you.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

WiganWoman1968 wrote:Call me unkind or whatever but don't say that Matty Smith's Mrs had a baby last night and didn't sleep. Don't play him then in that case. We are not a registered charity. He makes his living playing Rugby. He gave away the first try and had that typical " who me?" face on him. So mad right now. And I've given birth twice.
It was Bowen's mrs who gave birth. Smith hasn't got that excuse.
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

DaveO wrote:
WiganWoman1968 wrote:Call me unkind or whatever but don't say that Matty Smith's Mrs had a baby last night and didn't sleep. Don't play him then in that case. We are not a registered charity. He makes his living playing Rugby. He gave away the first try and had that typical " who me?" face on him. So mad right now. And I've given birth twice.
It was Bowen's mrs who gave birth. Smith hasn't got that excuse.
Oh sorry. Wrong Matty :eh: Yeh. No excuse!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

DONTBELIEVEITRU​GBYLEAGUEIT​ wrote:Very harsh to call for Wane to go. The game could have gone either way, was a fantastic match.
Thought Bowen was fantastic also, shame it's his last game for you.
It's not about one game but the last two seasons. He keeps saying we weren't smart enough but doesn't fix it. The record is stuck.

Several posters on here earlier in season said if we didn't win the GF Wane needed to go. Well after a season when even some of the home wins were dire to watch I haven't seen anything to suggest he has any idea how to improve matters and to change people's minds.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I personally think he's done very well with the playing resources available. In terms of value add I think we won this year.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

God wrote:I'm 100% with you Dave its a broken record, the same issues for 2 years and for 2 years we have won nothing.

We are playing natural second rowers at Prop. Centre has been a huge concern since Goulding and Carmont....still is a huge issue.

A weak all round kicking game except for Green who IOM was an excellent player.

Williams for the frigging millionth time is a sodding Scrum half, he does not have the passing range to be a 6 it's that simple but he persists and persists and persists with it.

MM is an 80 minute player and IMO tonight was vastly under used. Powell is isn't Wigan standard I would have L Tomkins over him in a heartbeat.

Same shit different season and nothing has been addressed. For a bloke like Matty Bowen to bow out of the game having won nothing, when the likes of that arsehole Bailey with a ring makes me sick.

Beaten by on old mans brigade tonight, soddin Dads Army and it all can have been avoided by more astute planning.
Genuine question. Why doesn't he keep Micky on for 80 mins?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

My big complaint with Wane now is the consistency of his criticism of the team playing dumb rugby. They play this way so often that surely he must realise there is a problem. Why do we play dumb rugby so often. Is there something wrong with our systems? I'd like him to start addressing these questions next season and reducing the number of times he has to say we played dumb. Either change the system or change the dumb players.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:My big complaint with Wane now is the consistency of his criticism of the team playing dumb rugby. They play this way so often that surely he must realise there is a problem. Why do we play dumb rugby so often. Is there something wrong with our systems? I'd like him to start addressing these questions next season and reducing the number of times he has to say we played dumb. Either change the system or change the dumb players.
Spot on, Mike, why is it that when we get near the 10 metre line, we are running around like headless chickens and unable to score a try.

The reason is that unlike Sinfield and McGuire who know how to unlock a defence, we now have a half back combination who are not clicking together like we had with Finch/Green and Smith. Williams is a great talent, but needs to play in his proper position of Scrum Half with a better class player at Stand Off.